1227 - Search and Crash [#5501]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

nynaevelan

1227 - Search and Crash [#5501]

Post by nynaevelan »

I keep getting the following error when typing in the search box, this started with 1227. I need to go back to 1225 because I use too many searches for this version to be useful to me:

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Ludek

Re: 1227 - Search and Crash

Post by Ludek »

I don't think that we changed anything between 1225 and 1227 that could cause this?

Isn't this specified to a search terms?
Does this error occur for any term you input into the search bar?
Are you sure that this occurs only in 1227 and not in 1225?

Thx.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Nyn,

Any news on this issue? Anyone else?

Thanks.

-Rusty
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Yes I am still getting it, it happens both on my home machine which is running Vista and my work machine which is running XP.

Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Nyn, can you answer me following questions?

1. Is this specified to a search terms all this appears for all input terms?

2. Are you sure that this occurs only in 1227 and not in 1225? Could you test 1225?
Or did it just start in 1227?

3. Because it seems to be related to your DB, could you send us your DB so that we could reproduce the issue and analyze this.

4. Does re-scanning of your DB / clean DB solve the issue?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ludek wrote:Nyn, can you answer me following questions?

1. Is this specified to a search terms all this appears for all input terms?
It does not matter what I put in the search bar, I still get the error, sometimes on the first character.
Ludek wrote:2. Are you sure that this occurs only in 1227 and not in 1225? Could you test 1225?
Or did it just start in 1227?
It has been happening alot, I think it started with 1227 but it is more frequent in 1228. I get an av in 1225 not the same error as in 1227 and 1228.
Ludek wrote:3. Because it seems to be related to your DB, could you send us your DB so that we could reproduce the issue and analyze this.
DB can be downloaded from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2238 ... e91f7c7386
Ludek wrote:4. Does re-scanning of your DB / clean DB solve the issue?
I clean my db on a weekly basis so this shouldn't be a factor. When you say rescan do you mean start with a new db? If so, that is not an option I have playcounts which I cannot lose, my entire listening experience is based on my playcounts and playlists. But I will test with a "new" db in my test account.

Nyn

Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Nyn, thank you for answering my questions, I have just downloaded your DB, but I don't experience any such errors (Win XP). If I put word "come" to the search bar it brings me all the 337 tracks in your library including the word "come". I don't know whould could be different :-?
Could you try a clean install of 1229?
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ludek wrote:Nyn, thank you for answering my questions, I have just downloaded your DB, but I don't experience any such errors (Win XP). If I put word "come" to the search bar it brings me all the 337 tracks in your library including the word "come". I don't know whould could be different :-?
Could you try a clean install of 1229?
Ludek:

I am working through my scripts now to see which could be the culprit because I do not get the errors on the test db with no scripts installed. I will let you know what I find out.

Nyn

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Ok, it is definately script related but I cannot find it and I am getting a headache so I am going to give up. I removed all my non-essential scripts and it appears that all is working, thank GOD I will not be losing any of my essential scripts. I will continue to test with just my essential scripts installed but if anyone is feeling industrious or has any ideas these are the scripts which I removed:

Nyn

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Event Logger works fine with your database, there is no error when I use Search (MM 3.1.0.1228).

You don't have too much suspicious scripts. Why don't you try to return back one by one to see with which one this error happens?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I tried that but I am not getting any consistent results, I am thinking it has to be a conflict between two or more running together. But I cannot figure out what the problem is, but it has to be something recent since I have only been plagued with this since 1227 came out. One of the problems that are frustrating me is the fact that I have not added any new scripts to my arsenal, all of these are scripts which I have been using for some time, so it has to be one that has been updated recently. But once again it is hard to figure out which it is. So I will be slowly adding them back in hoping to figure out where the culprit lies...

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I've tried it again and again and with or without a combination of scripts I still get the error. Then I changed my search options to "search whole words only" and so far I have not run into problems. But for those who are testing with my db I seem to always run into problems when searching for "teena marie" it will pop up the error before I finish typing in tee. I've tried it with the now playing list empty and with tracks. I also cleaned out left over script info from the mediamonkey.ini file. I have put all my scripts back into production and I will continue to test with the following search options to see if the problem stays clear or returns. By the way all of my searches were conducted on a filtered library using either the Editing - Library Editing or NP - All Playcounts (No Xmas) filters, which are my two main filters.

Nyn

ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

I removed all scripts from Auto folder, choose your "Editing - Library Editing" filter, choose Genre node and when I typed "te" I got same error as you. This error happens with Entire Library and Library (filtered), but not with the Current selection. It is obviously something wrong with the filtering engine in MM. Tested 1228, 1218, 1213 - all have same problem, with 1211 I got access violation error. Versions 1208, 1209 cannot start with your database at all.

When I click Ignore I get:

When I choose ignore I get:
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

THANK YOU!!! I was starting to think I was losing my mind. :D

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

BTW; here are all the scripts which I have installed in case there is some other conflict involved: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2238 ... e91f7c7386

Nyn