packe

3.0.6 1189 RC1 Artwork is a mix of several cover images

Post by packe »

Artwork is a mix of several cover images

MediaMonkey version: 3.0.6 1189 RC1
iPod: Touch with 2.1
Operating system: Vista Home Premium SP1
System: Intel E6300, 2GB RAM
Settings: Tested with "Copy Album Art to Track Tags" both enabled and disabled.
Example: http://www.wakaba.se/filer/DSC_0135.JPG

Description: Have tested version 3.0.6 1189 RC1 and sent playlists to my iPod Touch (firmware 2.1). When using CoverFlow, the cover art for an album is a mix of the cover art for several albums. The linked image gives you an example of how it looks like. Have resetted the iPod a few times between test and I always ends up with this problem.

Have noticed that not all albums transferred to the Touch have this problem.
firstdown

Re: 3.0.6 1189 RC1 Artwork is a mix of several cover images

Post by firstdown »

same thing happened to me!art is either incorrect or a mix of several... or both!

incorrect artwork has already happened to me with MM before... to fix it usually worked the 'rebuild library' option... can't seem to find it on 1189!!

help!!
jiri

Post by jiri »

Very strange, such issue hasn't ever appeared yet. Could you try to reproduce in as simple scenario as possible, i.e. preferrably with just 1 or 2 tracks uploaded to iPod? I'd be interested in such tracks then...

Jiri
Paul-B_UK

Post by Paul-B_UK »

Happened to me as well with version 1188. I removed MM, deleted Program Files\MM; deleted User\Apps Data\MM; deleted User\Apps Data\Apple. Installed 1189, rescanned and uploaded to iPOD. Following these steps I did not have garbled artrowrk or wrong artwork associated with album
packe

Post by packe »

Ok, but 1189 was the first install on this machine after the reinstallation of Vista (did a format of the C drive).

Will try to reproduce this as simple as possible.
Paul-B_UK

Post by Paul-B_UK »

Packe,

That is interesting as I put my "fix" down to cached data. Did you run iTunes before MM?
packe

Post by packe »

Yes I did. But I got this problem even after only using iTunes for resetting the Touch and then immidiately used MM for music transfer.
markmaus

Post by markmaus »

After my first sync with MediaMonkey 3.0.6.1189 RC1 and my iPod Touch 2G - I only added one Album - Artwork of some other Albums on my iPod is disordered. Some albums still showing the right Artwork, but some show the artwork of other albums on the iPod. If I list the albums there are many artworks for more then one time.
My Artwork is not a mix of several covers like shown on the picture from packe! Only one artwork seems to be resized if I use coverflow. The album list shows this artwork correct, but unfortunately it is also associated to the wrong Album.

Kind Regards

Mark
jiri

Post by jiri »

As I wrote, we haven't ever reproduced any such problem, all works well here and as it seems also for most users. In case you have a problem, we can only do something about it if you let us know more details, preferrably try to find a very simple case that reproduces your problem (like with 1 or 2 tracks) and e-mail these tracks to us.

Thanks,
Jiri
packe

Post by packe »

Mark, have noticed that too. When I removed the albums where the artwork were a mix of several and readded them, one album received the artwork of the other album.
Mmore

Post by Mmore »

After syncing my iPhone 3G with the latest firmware a lot of covers simply disappeared. Up until now I've always been using iTunes for this device. Running XP Pro with SP2. Will try to reproduce the bug but I don't really have a good test environment :(
Mmore

Post by Mmore »

Extra note: All the #1 songs per album seem to have art, while all the songs after that don't.

For example: Kings of Leon's album "Because of times" first song is "Knocked Up". It was already on my Iphone trough ITunes. It works fine, displaying both the album art and the lyrics.

When the #2 song, "Charmer", starts, however, it doesn't have any art. Lyrics still work fine.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

My guess is that its some discrepancy between using both MediaMonkey and iTunes to sync to the device. As far as I know the sync process should only be from MediaMonkey, otherwise you risk messing up album art. See:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... icleid=107
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... rticleid=4
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
packe

Post by packe »

nohitter, that doesn't explain the fact that I experienced this problem after a fresh reset of the Touch with Itunes. I did not use Itunes after the reset was completed, only MM.

Or can the Touch be resetted some other way than by using Itunes?
markmaus

Post by markmaus »

nohitter151 wrote:My guess is that its some discrepancy between using both MediaMonkey and iTunes to sync to the device. As far as I know the sync process should only be from MediaMonkey, otherwise you risk messing up album art.
That's what I experienced too. I tried to figure out which programm messes my artworks while syncing. So I deleted every albums from my iPod Touch and started a new sync with iTunes. After that everything was fine.
Now I have added only one new album with Mediamonkey. After that my artworks on iPod were still shown correct.
Ok. I have started another sync using iTunes. Before syncing the newly with Mediamonkey added albumhas been shown under the music-folder my device in iTunes. Starting the sync deletes all tracks of the album I added with Mediamonkey. At the end my artworks on my iPod were completly disordered again.

That seems not to be a big problem if I only will use Mediamoncy to sync music in the future, but nevertheless it would be nice if an iTunes sync is also possible withou destroying anything. iTunes could scrobble the songs I played on my ipod to the last.fm Client SW. Mediamonkey unfortunately doesn't.

Kind regards

Mark