Script Errors when loading/playing tracks

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

MellowDia

Post by MellowDia »

Same here Judas...I've tried everything :-( Can't somebody help us?
judas

Post by judas »

It's somewhat comforting to know it isn't only me... :-)
Cheers, judas
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

try getting the newest release of directx 9c there was a Link 3 days ago on majorgeeks. it might fix something?

go to windows update then click the link on that page to microsoft updates and use it to find any software updates you might need that windows update don't look for.

i just got a bunch of them tuesday, and some things in mediamonkey was effected by one of the updates not sure which one but it changed some things in the way the skin looks. mostly it changed the border around the player on the skin. as in it now shows the border when it did not before.

so there might just be something in vista that is needing updated that is not noticeable when we look for it.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
oddBeat

Re: Script Errors when loading/playing tracks

Post by oddBeat »

uh... that post is old, I wonder if someone can help me...
I'm on WinXP64. Red almost everything, but cant find a solution.

Roger
rusty

Post by rusty »

oddBeat,

Perhaps give us some more info:
-what build of MM
-what triggers the error
-what's the error

Thanks.

-Rusty
oddBeat

Post by oddBeat »

Hi Rusty,

I was getting errors like this:
Error #429 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
ActiveX component can't create object: 'SongsDB.SDBApplication'
But I think I solved it, or at least found a workaround.

My system:
OSX 10.7.4
Parallels Desktop 7.15094.749908
Windows XP 64bit SP2
Portable MediaMonkey 4.0.5.1496 on external USB drive, shared via \\psf on m:/mediamonkey

I got rid of those errors and scripts started to working when I installed regular version to m:/mediamonkey and than reinstalled portable over it.

Before that I reinstalled .NET (all versions), even reinstalled SP2, used CCleaner, ... and many sleepless nights.

hope that helps for 'future generations' :)

Roger