MM3 RC6: ReplayGain tags not reflected in "Track Volume

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

kubu4

MM3 RC6: ReplayGain tags not reflected in "Track Volume

Post by kubu4 »

I generally use foobar2000 for ReplayGain analysis/tagging. I just bought some new albums this weekend, ripped them (EAC) and added them to the MM3 library. I then performed ReplayGain via foobar2000 and then rescanned the library so that MM3 would read the new tag info. Alas, MM3 is not reflecting the presence of these tags in the "Track Volume" column. These are all OGG files. All my other, old tracks in my library reflect ReplayGain values in the "Track Volume" column that were generated via the same procedure.

Any thoughts

----------------
Now playing: Jones, Norah - Until The End
via FoxyTunes
XP Home SP2
2.4 GHz P3
1 GB RAM
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

No, I can't help but I also think that it would be really important to supprt this tags. Unfortunately Foobar (and most other players like winamp) has a more accurate way to determine the replaygain...

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
rusty

Replay Gain tags

Post by rusty »

Tested with current version of foobar and MM _does_ read the Track gain tags correctly.

Could it be that you didn't write the tags in foobar after doing the analysis.

-Rusty
kubu4

Post by kubu4 »

I definitely wrote the tags to the files after the analysis. I repeated the process on just a couple of files at a time once I saw that MM3 didn't reflect the "Track Volume." In addition, foobar2000 also prompts me with a message about erasing the existing ReplayGain values with the files when I've repeated the process. Lastly, foobar2000 (under the properties for the tracks in question) shows the ReplayGain values associated with the tracks.

I'll play around some more tonight when I get home from work. If I come up with anything, I'll post here.

Just out of curiosity, how does MM3 detect when changes have been made to a file? Does it look for a change in the time stamp? Or, when I perform the Add/Scan files does it scan all tracks regardless if the time stamp suggests the files were modified since the previous database scan?

Of course, the simplest way to resolve this problem is to just have MM3 analyze the tracks and be done with it.
XP Home SP2
2.4 GHz P3
1 GB RAM
rusty

Reading replay gain tags

Post by rusty »

kubu4,

MM (by default--this is configurable), updates tags when a change in timestamp is detected.

To figure out what has happened on your system, you might want to try the following for the tracks that you tagged in foobar:
1) reload the tracks in foobar and see if there's a replay gain value
2) delete the tracks from the MM library and then rescan them and and see if there's a replay gain value

-Rusty