Now Playing issue(?) i found in all RCs [F4099 RC4]

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Fraxav

Now Playing issue(?) i found in all RCs [F4099 RC4]

Post by Fraxav »

I couldn't find something about that in previous posts, so i'm gonna ask myself.
I noticed that when i edit some options (from Tools ->Options) or when i change skin, the Now Playing window (which i keep disabled) always reappears and i've got to close it.
I don't know why...bug? Settings?
This used to happen in RC1,2 and actually does in 3. Maybe also did in the last beta release, but not 100% sure.
Let me know or, if you know one, please bring me to a similar thread.
Thanks. :D
I don't have no time for no MediaMonkey buisness...

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
rusty

Now Playing window state doesn't persist

Post by rusty »

Fraxav,

This works correctly on my machine with MM 3.0.0.1109. Perhaps it's a rights issue--are you logged in with limited rights?

Can anyone else replicate this?

-Rusty
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

I'm talking about MM so don't understand why you say "logged in", but anyways... :o
I don't have the gold version. I'm a free member, yet.
Do you think that free membership is related with that quite annoying thing?
I was thinking about purchasing the gold membership cause i like MM, so i may have the problem solved, but however i find it not fair that users without membership have to live with it...

P.S. As i said, i can't remember if it happened also in beta 3. Maybe you could verify it installing some RC release...

Thank you.

Fraxav uses a Windows XP Home Edition SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5670 laptop with an Intel Core Duo T2300 (1.66 GHz) processor, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 512 MB, 100 GB Hard Disc and 1 GB DDR2 Ram.
G0lluM

Post by G0lluM »

By "logged in", I think he is referring to your Windows XP or Vista logon, i.e. is it an Administrator account or is it a limited rights user account. By the way which Operating System are you using? That might make a difference.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Maybe so, but i don't think that the Now Playing window would pop up when i edit some MM options or change it's skin just because i'm not the admin...and i should get the "you are not the admin" message, which i don't get.
Anyways, i'm using Windows XP SP2 and i'm the only user for the computer so i've got full powers...
Still think this is a sort of bug.
Gollum, can you replicate my problem?

Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, I see, steps to reproduce:

1. Start MM with visibled Now Playing window.
2. Close Now Playing window
3. Go to options, change skin
=> Now playing window re-appears although it was disabled.

Note: This doesn't happen when you start MM with invisibled Now Playing window.

Added to our to-do list.
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Hi.
I see the problem has been fixed in RC4, since now the now playing window doesn't reappear upon option changes.
BUT:
now the now playing window reappears every restart of MM3... :o
I always disable it when it reappears, but when i close and restart i find it there again, in the position where i closed it in the previous session.
Please do one more step forward and get rid of it FOREVER :)

rusty

Now playing settings don't persist

Post by rusty »

Will be fixed in RC5.

-Rusty
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

Hello Fraxav, dunno if this helps but I tend to make sure that my Now Playing is Cleared when I close MM3 (with XP Pro). :lol:
Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

Will be fixed in RC5.

-Rusty
Great ;)
Hello Fraxav, dunno if this helps but I tend to make sure that my Now Playing is Cleared when I close MM3 (with XP Pro).
Well, i never use the now playing function, so i never clear it, but i think tha the now playing window should stay locked on your setting :P

Fraxav

Post by Fraxav »

At last it got fixed with RC5, thank you. :)