Media Monkey Error

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Raydeeoo

Media Monkey Error

Post by Raydeeoo »

I redid some off the files in my library of music and tried to rescan my library into the monkey and I am getting the following error: "Could not retrieve data "SELECT" from covers where ID song=106991 order by cover order database disk image is malformed (11,11). Could anyone help me out to tell me what this means, is it a bug and what do I have to do in order to get this wonderful program working again
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

what can we say unless we seen the same error.
you gave us no information to go on.
what version of monkey.
:(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Raydeeoo

Continued

Post by Raydeeoo »

I am very sorry I hate when people do that do to me. I was running MM3 beta 3. I changed maybe 100 to 150 file folders in my library and that is the message that came up. I am running vista premium. When I went back to mm 2.554 the library scanned in fine. I uninstalled and installed the program several times to no avail.
Raydeeoo

Post by Raydeeoo »

I am not using any plug in or anything, my media is stored on an external 500 gb western digital hard drive. I am not using any scripts, I am using the default scripts
monkey hi fi

Post by monkey hi fi »

well now that you said vista. i am thinking it might be vista's error. since vista is known to have barely any naitve driver support if any at all. so the sql used for the library might not have the proper support drivers in vista. that said vista is also know to give errors of uncapatible drivers. for its own drivers.

so there is something wrong with vista.

but you can try to delete your mdb file and re do the entire libray scan. including any playlists you made. becuse deleting the mdb will delete all things you did in media monkey. and set it back to normal.

then do another reinstall of mm 3 and see if it will scan proper after you did the delete of the mdb file. 8) lots of work but just might get your mm 3 beta 3 working agian.

if it does remember not to move files from out side of media monkey. use his auto organizer to move the files so he dont mess up. that might have also played a part in your error.

if none of that works then maybe you did in deed find a bug in the rescan. which will need to be fixed by the dev's.
8)

roving cowboy / keith hall / monkey hi fi
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Personally I don't think it has something to do with vista. At least not with native drivers. I think there's a problem with the song which has the ID 106991. But nontheless you can try out what roving cowboy said...
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Raydeeoo

Post by Raydeeoo »

Tried deleting all things associated with media monkey on my hard drive. If the db is in the music folder then that is what I deleted. Still a no go. Reinstalled mm3 like 4 times
callmetom

Post by callmetom »

Same to me :cry:

Im not using vista ...

Sorry for posting this topic on another place

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 961#105961
My Specs:
Windows XP / SP2
Always latest MM version
Sorry for my sometimes bad english (-:
greenwoodmonkey

Post by greenwoodmonkey »

This is the first instance I have encountered of unhelpful advice and assistance I have seen on here... and it just so happens it is when I have the same issue! Dammit!

OK, I'm Running Windows XP
MM3 revision 3.0.0.1081

This error is happening ALOT at the moment..
Can someone offer a quick fix?
Greenwoodmonkey - Working out right from wrong and having fun trying :D
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the database is kept in a folder in my documents. called my music / media monkey/ if you went there and deleted it
then you got it. if not then you left it in so the reinstall just used the same old one.

but i think vista might have that file in another folder someplace i remember seeing that vista did put it somewhere else just don't remember where.

but i still think deleting that should fix it because the song that is messed up won't be known until after the rescan.

but in reading your reply over again. i think it just might be the album cover in the song is only 11 x 11 pixels and is not the right color code or dpi.

find that song and delete it.

if you got it from a p 2 p site it is more then likely not the right format or the cover is set to the wrong color code maybe it is 4 color.?

greenwoodmonkey if you got the same song then the same thing for you. with both posts though maybe it will get fixed.
by some one answering some place.?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
callmetom

Post by callmetom »

@rovingcowboy

I had also this (11, 11) message ...

After deleting the DB-Files and building it up from scratch its
ok now (hope it lasts).

So its not related to an album cover i assume ?
My Specs:
Windows XP / SP2
Always latest MM version
greenwoodmonkey

Post by greenwoodmonkey »

Where do I find these database file to delete... I run my MM3 as a portable App - so if I can do a search for the file name it would help as I doubt very much it is in "My Documents"
Greenwoodmonkey - Working out right from wrong and having fun trying :D
callmetom

Post by callmetom »

@greenwoodmonkey

Its stored in
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\MediaMonkey

DBName is
MM.DB

Look here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20934
My Specs:
Windows XP / SP2
Always latest MM version
Raydeeoo

Post by Raydeeoo »

Sorry to get back so late but I fixed the problem. The folder that the mediamonkey db is stored in is a hidden file so you have to go to folder options and make the folder visible. Once I did that and deleted the mediamonkey file, I was fine. Thank everybody for their input.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

glad you finaly found the mdb file. sorry i for got to say it was or might be hidden. i unhid mine a long time ago..

but callmetom if that 11, 11 is not pixel size it must be the line and colume in the song file or database record for the song that it is telling us. but not being a programmers i don't know and windows keeps changing their alert codes so the win9x program i got to tell me what it means cant tell me.

but again i'm glad you found the files. 8)