MM 3.0.0.1017 Feedback/Bugs/Questions

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Tankred, see this post... http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 7307#77307

The volume leveling is not stored in the comments for either mm2 or 3.

The numbers you quoted appear to be CRC values, which I assume some other application (possibly EAC) wrote.
Tankred

Post by Tankred »

Thank you for your answer.

Okay, MM3 might not write volume level information into the comment field but it definetely wrote these numbers into the comment fields of my files!

To make it easy:

1. I checked that the comment fields are empty
2. I installed MM3 Alpha
3. I added the folder with the files from step 1 to my library
4. MM3 adds the content to the library and analyzes the volume
5. I close MM3
6. I redo step 1 and see entries in the comment field

So, there can be no doubt about the fact, that MM3 wrote these entries.
Tankred
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Very odd then, hopefully Peter or Rusty or one of the others can comment.

In the mean time you may want to disable the background analysis or abstain from using mm3 if it's overwriting your desired comments.

Assuming you have not re-scanned (or monitored the changes by having both 2.x and 3 open at same time) the files in MM 2.x, you should be able to re-sync your old comments back to the tags.
Tankred

Post by Tankred »

Thank you for your concerns but I'm testing MM3 on a separate computer in a separate testing environment with copies of my files. So no harm is done. ;)
Tankred
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Tankred wrote:I'm testing MM3 on a separate computer in a separate testing environment with copies of my files. So no harm is done. ;)
Very wise! 8)
gtbuzz

Post by gtbuzz »

As I mentioned before I believe the comment problem is more than just leveling. Browsing by the comments column (very cool) I've seen custom fields (either 1 or 2-I don't use 3) and quality in the comment field as well.

A couple of other tagging issues:
1. You can't modify "Disc #" in the column view, you have to open the properties window.

2. When editing multiple tracks, typing in the disc # and track # fields do not cause the accept edit box to check.

3. aac files all have a track # of 1, even though I set them correctly outside of MM.

- Request: Album view should use the disc # as a secondary sort
Also synchronize Year/Original Year...similar to Artist/Album Artists
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

rapid repeating clicking of the previous and next buttons on player
will lock up monkey.

bug report sent in. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Now that I have received my Update from 2.x to Lifetime, I've played a little with MM 3.0

I get too many exceptions, so that I won't use it all the time. But it's alpha, that's ok.

Things I like in MM 3.0:
- Auto Analyze Volume
- Album gain
- Album Art Configuration
- MM Output Plugin

But that's all. No more real new features :(
Or I haven't found them yet.

What I would have expected in 3.0:
- Submit CDs to freedb
- Auto-Tag from freedb for files (I've already postedDelphi Sample Code for that)
- Level Track Volume on Sync to Device (on-the-fly, as it's possible for Audio-CDs)
- Song Ratings depending on the email (for multi-users)

What I really dislike: the new look. I hope that there will be skins that look like MM 2.x, they were simple and nice.

SQLite seems to be faster than mdb, but with MS Access I could do a lot, what MM couldn't. I will really miss that. Haven't found a good solution for working with the SQLite.db til now.

BTW: The Proxy Password is still shown and saved in normal Characters :evil:

That's all at the moment.
Keep up the good work, there's much to do :wink:
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i 've been looking all over the player for something that was the mute button? i found it i think.

it seems the button i thought was the seek button because it speeded
up the playing of the song. and muted it really is the mute button?
don't know why it speeded up the player before, but it is not now.
it is just muting the songs.

still the closing of the EQ when the song is playing and the EQ is enabled
will mute the sound also. :-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
SlasherMCT

Post by SlasherMCT »

julzcompufreek wrote:
SlasherMCT wrote:Very disappointed that MM3 appeared to have trashed my MM2 setup, and I had to look around the forums to find the new and old database locations etc.

MM3 should leave MM2 alone - particularly in beta. If you want to have the data in the horribly buried application data folder, fine. Just don't trash the existing folder. I thought I had lost all of my scripts, magic nodes, etc, etc.
Thats why it is labeled as "ALPHA". You should only attempt to try it out if you have backed up your data sufficiently. And it is up to you to change the directory at installation.
Ah! In my professional programming career I must remember that if I write alpha code it is okay to fool about with my customer's data without warning as long as it is an alpha... Yeah right!

I did put MM3 in a different directory, but nothing in the installation instructions told me it would move data away from MM2, the instructions implied that putting MM3 in a different folder would leave MM2 alone. As MM3 can't yet convert the data (because the schema for MM3 may well change) what is the point of moving or copying the existing db at this point?

I know it is an alpha - people, but the issue of the database is fairly fundamental so it would have been easy enough to copy the data across to the new folder rather than move it, and even easier to announce this when the alpha was released, or provide a batch file to copy it back...

Frankly I wouldn't move the data like that in the release version let alone the alpha or beta. The uninstall for MM 2 could do that - the user may wish to run MM2 and MM3.
paulmt

Post by paulmt »

1. MM 3.0 does not hold setting to Maximise window. Requires resetting each start.

2. MM 3.0 does not hold preview now playing album art pane size - requires resetting each start.

**Edited** just to add..

DFX 7.5 plugin works no problem with MM3.0
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Geiss plug in crashes monkey 3 and the windows explorer. and the geiss never even gets to start?

winXp home sp2 8)
gtbuzz

Tagging and Searching

Post by gtbuzz »

1. I was going to put producers in the conductor field, but 1) it does not appear any where in the track properties box and 2) it does not save modifications from the list view.

2. There are still fields that cannot be seen in the list view (such as Involved People)

3. Album art with .m4a files acts weird. From the Amazon screen it says I can't save to the track, but if I add it from the filesystem it appears that I can?

4. When I do save to the file system, if there is already a folder.jpg I get a permission error (Vista x86).

5. More of a request, but I'd really like for a advanced search criteria for "is NOT unknown/null". Basically I want a list of tracks where a field has some value, but I don't care what that value is.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

start mm3. shrink it to floating player. start song playing.
put monkey in the tray so you don't see it. now right click on desk top and open properties of desktop

now go to settings tab. change the screen size to larger one now restore media monkey and change songs or play one full song let it change to new song. now put monkey back in the tray,

change the sceen size again this time to the oppisit of what you did the last time.

now restore monkey and play another song. then put monkey back in the tray.

change the screen size back to the orgianl one you had it in.

now restore media monkey and look at the player buttons.
they are or should be mis-aligned, the most noticeble one is the play pause button. it is also half transpeant.

you can see it better on the smaller screen size but it is there on the larger screen sizes too.

but a close of monkey and reopen of monkey clears it back to nomal.

so media monkey 3 does not like playing songs or having them paused when you change sceen sizes. even when you put him in the tray to keep
him from getting messed up. :o 8)
stankovic

Post by stankovic »

I did some testing on the tagging (mp3 and ogg only) and here is a list:

1. MM3 now can write the full date (dd.mm.yyyy). I think that is the reason why the TDRC-Tag (ID3v2) is written as a multiple tag (why?): One time only the year and a second time the full date. On the other side if you write a vorbis comment tag you will get two "year" tag both only with the year.

2. Although you just stores the year in MM3 tag editor the tag will be written twice

3. The TORY-Tag for original year isn't readable for other applications

4. Sometimes the descriptor of the multiple Comment field isn't readable for mood (a lot of squares) and it happened one time to me that it was written three times (multiple tag)

5. Don't want be sarcastic: Although MM3 can write multiple tags (see above) it still doesn't write multiple tags for Genre, Artist .... It is still a single tag and the database interpretes the semicolon as delimiter.

6. What is the RGAD tag?

7. Where is replaygaininfo for album stored?