MM 3.0.0.1017 Feedback/Bugs/Questions

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

my guess is the "parts" of the database it seams to have imported were probably the songs that were left in the "now playing" in MM2.5.5 because they seems to share this information..

try checking in options.. the popup can be set to only occur if MM is out of focus 'maybe' this is it?

I don't think that information is stored in the comment field.. I've been noticing, and I've also noticed posts regarding it, that various bits of the id tag have been appearing in the comment fields... I think this is just a bug.

but I'm not and MM Dev
Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

OK. Some answers :

DATABASE : MM3 doesn't use MDB file (as MM2) and conversion utility will be available with release version of MM3. Actual version is only ALPHA and it means "it's only for testers, funs, but it's on your own risk. It's in fact like a preview of the new version".

VOLUME : volume of each track isn't stored into comment block.

AUTO-VOLUME : it's functionality for automatic computation of the volume level of the tracks which doesn't have this information ... this functionality can be disabled in Options.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

as i said in my last message

the seek button sometimes locks the sound out and does not play at full seek speed but at normal speed with out sound.

this is also done by the closing of the eq while it is enabled and the player is playing a song it will mute the sound. the turning on and off of the now playing playlist window and the Eq while the song is playing will also
mute the sound. but if you disable the Eq then only the closing of the now playing playlist window will mute the sound and reoping it by the button will unmute the sound.
but if you enable the Eq it will always mute the sound when you also close the now playing window.

i have done all combinations of the above on this winXp Sp2. computer
always using the buttons on the right of the player and it always mutes the sound.

there seems to be some sort of mis closed code for links to the buttons or the code is getting confused by something else?

roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Question:

- Just curious, do you have a plan on how often new alpha/beta builds will be released? ie every few days, once a week, every other week, a month, etc. Or will it be when feel your at a good release point or big problem etc?
tommae88

Post by tommae88 »

Well, I would assume that there won't be another build for about 2 weeks if what somebody said about Jiri being unreachable for a period of time is true. correct?
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

tommae88 wrote:Well, I would assume that there won't be another build for about 2 weeks if what somebody said about Jiri being unreachable for a period of time is true. correct?
I can make build while Jiri's out (1017 is my build too), but we're need to solve some bugs reported by users (who sent any error log) and then we can release next build ... but i can't say when it will be for now.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

the only crashes of media monkey that caused the auto report to open and try to send email while i was off line. were caused by my messing in the skin's files and not correctly changing all image information when i changed images.

but those were fixed and the skinning crashes stopped.

i just can not under any way of trying see the micromonkey player

nothing but blank area is reserved for the player in the taskbar and the monkey's icon is in the try when i try to use that player.?

all the other errors i been finding dont try to send any reports back to you.

winXp Home Sp2
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
julzcompufreek

Post by julzcompufreek »

According to what I can see, the Mediamonkey player does not contain a stop button. I realise that MM still has stop functionality, and that it is an Alpha, but please tell me that there will be a stop button on the player.

Not having a stop button is like iTunes, and I dont think MediaMonkey should turn out like that...
Julian aka julzcompufreek
"Dancing is a contact sport; football is a Hitting sport." - Vince Lombardi
Visit My Blog - http://kompufreak.wordpress.com
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

your right it is not enabled. the skin's images have it there and some other buttons but they are not enabled i skinned them but they did not work.

i think they will add that at some time because it really is needed.
closing media mon key or any other player on a paused song is not
something i like doing.

in my earlier posts i mentioned that auto organize is not free in mm3.

I WAS WRONG Rusty sent me a letter saying they just called a new feature that in mm3 because they don't have a name for the feature and wanted to get an alpha version out. so the new feature is not free what ever the new feature will be called is unknown.

:-?
Sebastian78

Post by Sebastian78 »

Was wondering about that "stop" button myself...

But whats the difference between stop and pause? On a TAPE you need stop not to burn the tape up....on a cd you need stop so not to keep the disc spinning for eternity. But on a computer/MM.....is there really any difference?
Tankred

Post by Tankred »

Yes, there is a difference:

Stop: Play a song, press stop, press play = song plays from the beginning
Pause: Play a song, press pause, press play = the song continues to play from the position you pressed pause
Tankred
DaledeSilva

Post by DaledeSilva »

I actually wouldn't care if there was no stop button but I think that there seams to be a need. example:

on a cdplayer.. if you press << , provided you are not to close to the start of the track, it will go to the start of the currently playing track (otherwise it willl skip to the previous track).... going to the start of hte currently playing track is exactly what stop then play would do...

however, in mediamonkey, you can't stop then play... and you can't just double click on the song again in the now playing because that does nothing if it's already the active song.
So the only way is to skip back a song and then skip forward a song. (or change to another song anyway you like and change back).

AT ANY RATE.. I think the player should support as many functions as possible, pause, next, prev, play, new playlist, new autoplaylist... etc.
because at the end of the day.. while some skinners might include them, anyone who doesn't want to doesn't have to.

another thing that I just thought of was... if there's a way to be able to include buttons that run scripts (like through global hotkeys, etc.) - maybe the button name would be the global hotkey or you can include a set of 5 names that activate global hotkeys so edssentially, scripts can be run from the floating mini player...

that last paragraph was convoluted.. but hopefully someone gets it.

Dale.
Product Designer & Indie Developer.
Building at the intersection of motion, art, and code.
Find me on twitter and all the other ones here.
Neal

Email problems

Post by Neal »

petrCBR I have tried to email you error reports and images several times (over ten) and have yet to have one go through. They are returned with the error message I posted earlier. I have tried two different email addresses and two different smtp servers. Would you like me to post the error message to this forum or is there another way I can get these to you?

Neal
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

RovingCowboy wrote:what ever the new feature will be called is unknown.
What about "Auto-Auto-Organize" ?
Maybe they can name it "auto-organize" and rename the thing we previously knew as auto-organize to "Organize" or "Smart Organize" or "Smart Renaming" or something like that.
That would seem more logical to me... but obviously renaming an existing feature could be confusing.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Tankred

Post by Tankred »

First, thank you all for your answers to my feedback. I will try to response to the seperate poster's arguments:

@DaledeSilva:

1. Database: you're right, MM3 uses a new database format and location.
2. Popup: no, this does not change much. I still cannot "force" the popup to show up when a new song starts playing.
3. Overwriting of the comment field: maybe you're right because I've made several tests and could not confirm that MM3 overwrites the comment field after having analyzed the track's volume. BUT it definetely overwrites some comment fields with standard settings directly after the installation! Therefore, I can only advice all testers to back up all your tracks before adding them to MM3 Alpha! In my test, not one of the tracks had any information in the comment field. After I added all tracks to MM3, it automatically analyzed the volume of all tracks. After that, some files had entries in their comment fields that look like that:

Code: Select all

000009A4 000009C5 000080CB 000089E5 0002F22F 0002F214 00008A20 000088EB 00031F97 00028AB6
I think they are very similar to the track volume levelling info I saw in different MP3 file applications.

@PeterCBR:

1. Database: Thank you for this info. Since today, we can read this in the FAQ for MM3: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15512
2. Volume: you are NOT right. There are two methods to store a track's volume information: in the database or in the ID3 tag of the file itself. Obviously, MM3 has a bug in doing this by default but not with any file. I can only repost my suggestion: look into this issue and think about disabling the default levelling of track audio in MM3! It's not very convenient, when MM3 starts overwriting comment fields directly after its first start and only very few customers might be able to disable this option before MM3 starts for the very first time.

And yes, I know this is an Alpha. But we are here to give feedback to this version, aren't we?
Tankred