Button to add currently playing to playlist

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Dood

Button to add currently playing to playlist

Post by Dood »

I searched the forum but couldn't find a solution.

What I want is a button (on tool bar or player, doesn't matter) that when clicked will add the currently playing song to playlist "xxx".

Is there a way to accomplish this?
Lowlander

Re: Button to add currently playing to playlist

Post by Lowlander »

The Context Toolbar has Send To to accomplish this. There also is right click, Send To > Playlist as well as the ability to Drag & Drop files on the Playlist node in the Media Tree or another tab with the Playlist open.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Sorry Lowlander, but I want to add another method.

Hello Dood,

You can also create a new toolbar and use it to apply the most common buttons.

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Dood

Post by Dood »

Thanks for the help guys!

I didn't realize you could just do drag & drop.
The toolbar suggestion is close, but it still requires me to select a playlist.
I was hoping to create a one-click "send now playing to playlist xxx" solution if possible.

I'm not opposed to scripting either if it comes to that.
I have programming experience, but none with MM scripts.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'd assume that this could be scripted: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Scripting
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

The advantage is recognizable.
TWO-click method

OR Drag&Drop

but it still requires me to select a playlist.
Yes, of course, how else should the program recognize what you want?
I'm really looking forward to your program solution!

Google-Translator, sorry
Last edited by Erwin Hanzl on Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Of course the one-click solution could be scripted. In fact, it was already scripted, you just need to search better. :wink: For example, you could look at my signature. The last add-on in the list.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Hello Zvezdan,
thanks for the tip. But who reads all entries in all signatures?
Well, I have tested several times and come to the conclusion: I will stick to my TWO-CLICK method (habit).
Best regards

Hallo Zvezdan,
danke für den Tipp. Aber wer liest schon alle Einträge in allen Signatur?
Gut, ich habe mehrfach getestet und komme zu dem Schluß: ich bleibe bei meiner ZWEI-KLICK-Methode (Gewohnheit).
Schöne Grüße
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:05 am thanks for the tip. But who reads all entries in all signatures?
Well, I have tested several times and come to the conclusion: I will stick to my TWO-CLICK method (habit).
You are free to use whatever solution that suits you, I don't want to change your habits. My answer was intended for the original poster who explicitly requested an one-click solution. However, I am just curious what kind of solution you expected when you said that you are "really looking forward to your program solution!"

I didn't say that anybody should search for anyone's signature. All my add-ons have their own threads in the Forum. It is enough to use the Search field of the Forum with the "add currently playing to playlist" to find the wanted add-on:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64062&hilit=add+cur ... o+playlist

If you always want to add currently played files to the same playlist, it is much easier to define that playlist just once, and after that to use the same toolbar button to add files to it, than to search for the target playlist every time when you want to add the file to it. Especially if you have long list of playlists and/or if the target playlist is nested on a deeper level in the tree. And if you prefer keyboard over mouse, with my add-on you could use the hotkey to add the file to the same playlist as well.

The solution with drag&drop is practical only if you: 1) have displayed Media Tree, 2) have visible playlist to which you want to add the file, 3) have displayed Now Playing panel, 4) have visible currently playing file in it. Otherwise, it will require much more than TWO-CLICKs.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: ↑
01 Jul 2020, 17:05
thanks for the tip. But who reads all entries in all signatures?
Sorry, forgot smily :wink:
However, I am just curious what kind of solution you expected when you said that you are "really looking forward to your program solution!"
I test scripts again and again in order to use my MM even more efficiently.
At that time (Erwin Hanzl » 01 Jul 2020, 08:41):
I didn't know anything about the script "Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist"
Your note from the script came later: (ZvezdanD » 01 Jul 2020, 15:58 )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Zvedan,
but no, that wasn't a criticism.
Of course I respect every other solution, because there is a lot of time and patience in the scripts.
Actually, I wanted to provide "Dood" with a solution that might meet his requirements.

I tested the one-click method. I have 20 playlists and 20 icons.
Now I have to point the mouse over the icons so that Tooltip shows which playlist it is.
But yes, if you only want to manage up to five playlists, you have the advantage.

There I am with the TWO-click method to manage my 20 playlists, much faster and safer.
As I said, that's just habit.

Addendum:
Unfortunately, it is not possible to assign an icon to each playlist in the MediaTree.
You could then use this icons for your script.

Best regards
Google-Translator, sorry
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo Zvedan,
aber nein, das war doch keine Kritik.
Natürlich respektiere ich jede andere Lösung, denn es steckt jede Menge Zeit und Geduld in den Scripten.
Eigentlich wollte ich damit "Dood" einen Lösungsvariante liefern, die seinen Anforderungen eventuell entspricht.

Ich habe die Ein-Klick-Methode getestet. Ich habe 20 Wiedergabelisten und damit 20 Icons.

Jetzt muss ich mit der Maus auf die Icons zeigen, damit Tooltip zeigt, welche Wiedergabeliste es ist.
Aber auch ja, wer nur bis zu fünf Wiedergabelisten betreuen will, der ist im Vorteil.

Da bin ich mit der ZWEI-Klick-Methode, um meine 20 Wiedergabelisten zu verwalten, wesentlich schneller und sicherer.
Wie gesagt, das ist eben Gewohnheit.

Nachtrag:
Leider ist es nicht möglich, im Archivbaum jeder Playliste ein Icon zuzuweisen.
Diese Icons könnten Sie dann für Ihr Script einsetzen.

Schöne Grüße
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

The new version of the add-on has added an option to display playlist names on the toolbar buttons instead of icons.

It is (and it was) possible to change the default icon files with your own, which is now explained in the Usage section on the add-on's web page.

If you have any suggestion or complain about the add-on, please use its corresponding thread.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

Further discussion in the add-on area
Please Look: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=470052#p470052
MarvH

Post by MarvH »

Hi,
Just started MediaMonkey after being dumped by Google. Now I face the task of reorganizing my 13,000+ song catalog and playlist. I'd love to see a way to use the keyboard to add the current song to multiple playlist. For example

Ctrl+1 adds to Playlist 01
Ctrl+2 adds to Playlist 02
Ctrl+3 adds to Playlist 03
Ctrl+4 adds to Playlist 04
Ctrl+0 adds to Playlist 10

This way I can organize my top ten playlist and quickly add the currently playing song to a playlist or multiple playlist

Another option would be to have a popup that allows you to check boxes next to playlist names to add the current song to multiple playlist in one swoop.

I tried to post a screenshot of what I mean but following the directions I kept getting - You can’t post image, email or url links that are external to this domain. Please remove link to ibb(dot)co