Convert list of mp3s to certain time length

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

DWilks

Convert list of mp3s to certain time length

Post by DWilks »

I would like to convert a list of mp3s in a folder to a certain time length without having to convert to another format first. When I convert to .wma and then back to mp3s, my computer reaches over 200 degrees F and shuts down. There should be a way to not convert before changing the time length....If there's a way; can someone tell me how? Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: Convert list of mp3s to certain time length

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can't alter the length (duration) of files.
DWilks

Post by DWilks »

@Lowlander, I've been using MM for years and yes it can & does alter the length of .wma files to a certain length. But the problem is one has to convert the mp3's to wma's before it will and then have to reconvert back to mp3s. The converting back to mp3s is when my computer reaches over 200 degrees and shuts down. The problem used to not happen with older versions. If MM would get rid of the conversion to wma's first, then Media Monkey would be very useful to me again!
Seems to me that would be very simple to do, but I'm not a software expert, just a user of software! I can show you the steps if necessary to specify the length while Batch Converting. No argument from me to you. Changing the length of mp3s is the only thing I use Media Monkey for.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you using Previews for this?
DWilks

Post by DWilks »

Yes, 'Virtual CD & Preview' and then save the preview. Then import the wma's and convert them back to mp3s.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's not meant as a tool to shorten duration (although it does this). This is why it's limited in settings and can only do this to WMA. At the moment Previews are not part of MediaMonkey 5 anymore.
DWilks

Post by DWilks »

@Lowlander, thanks for clearing that up. I'm been looking for another program to do this 'length adjustment' but I've haven't found one that will do this without a format conversion. I may try to find an older version of MM and see if that doesn't over heat my cpu….because the problem used to not happen. Thanks again for the explanation.