.AIF/.AIFF File Capability

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

tkrieger

.AIF/.AIFF File Capability

Post by tkrieger »

Most of my files are loaded in this uncompressed format. I think it's the best sounding of the "CD quality" formats.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Already possible! Download the in_wave.dll (2.07) found here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/input-plugins.htm

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
rob

Plug-in does not seem to help with my AIFF files

Post by rob »

I am still having trouble playing AIFF files even after installing the plug-in. The files never show up in Artist view - they are visible when sorting by location. When I try to play the files I get this message: "Compressed AIFC filed other than 4-bit IMA ADPCM are not supported". Message comes from the Nullsoft waveform decoder v 2.07.

I have confirmed that the in_wave.dll file was copied to the MM plugins folder. I even removed the old in_wave.dll file since for some reason copying the download into the directory did result in overwriting the older one (which is 60kb vs. the 38kb download).

Any thoughts here?

Running MM 2.5.5.998 - Lifetime Gold license. (Can't find any spot to check for updates by the way)
Monk

Wishlist: Complete .aiff support with tag reading

Post by Monk »

Please help me get off iTunes!

MM wil play .aiff with pluggin, but tags are not supported.

Please?
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
jonbm

Re: .AIF/.AIFF File Capability

Post by jonbm »

plugin doesnt work for me either
stubbyd

Post by stubbyd »

I get this too.

Is this one going to be addressed / fixed any time soon?
SenseMaker2010

Re: Plug-in does not seem to help with my AIFF files

Post by SenseMaker2010 »

rob wrote:I am still having trouble playing AIFF files even after installing the plug-in.
similar happens to me as rob said with this plug in... But even in "location" mine are not listed :oops: (Rec.: I use 3.2.0.1294 version). I can play AIF in Mediamonkey no problem so fare I stear directly to the file via the menu "File - Open URL or File"... then all aifs are seen in the explorer.

By the function "Add/Rescan Tracks to the Library" they are not found / listed in the MM database, there only appear the standard formats like MP3 or wav files. :-(

What to do ? - Hope anybody can fix this problem in the plugin... or write a new one. So fare... Happy Easter! TC/SM2010
rizla mon

AIFF suuport PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Post by rizla mon »

dear developers

long time mediamonkey user desparately needing native AIFF support.

I would convert to FLAC but the devices I use for playback do not support FLAC, including most pioneer CDJs, which are professional standard for almost all clubs around the world. I would use .wav but I need the file itself to hold metadata.

mediamonkey is such a sophisticated piece of software it boggles my mind that there is no support for AIFF, a encoding format that has been around for many many years and is almost identical to .wav in everything excepts its handling of metadata. not to mention it is supported by iTunes and many other media managers.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

cosider this for your next update
Last edited by Lowlander on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

rizla mon

Post by rizla mon »

thanks Lowlander I am aware of the plugin but I am talking about NATIVE support with full tagging capabilities and ability to use all the great features that MM has to offer, including being able to rip CDs into *.aiff format

is this something that will be possible in the future? otherwise iTunes actually becomes a more suitable option for people that use AIFF extensively :oops:
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The link discusses full support.
lickthedj

Post by lickthedj »

Hi. I'm running MediaMonkey Gold 4.1.0.1692. I read the link ( http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6364 ) and I am still unclear on what link is saying regarding native AIFF support. I apologize for my lack of clarity. I can see it says, "As discussed in the support ticket HZS-135503 we should enable AIFF and AIFC formats in f_aac.dll to be played via QT," but I don't know if that means it is currently being developed or not. Also, I see the three links provided, however I can't get to the first (it's behind another login), the second refers to this topic/thread, and the third link (to About Track Properties) does not appear to have a column that references AIFF. If possible I would appreciate a response in this thread that does not refer to other links.

Is native AIFF support going to be made available? Is it being worked on now or not yet? Is there an estimated timeline for when reading (including metadata) and playback of AIFF will be available in MediaMonkey without needing to install addons?

In the meantime, I can no longer find an addon or plugin to allow reading of AIFF files (without metadata support) in MediaMonkey on the MM addons page ( http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/ ). "Search for addons..." on that page for "AIFF" comes up empty and I can't find an updated in_wave.dll there either. For example, this link referred to in a post many years ago in this thread it empty: ( http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/input-output/ ).

Thanks much for any information and assistance that can be provided.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no full support yet, however it is being looked at.
Tumpin

Native AIFF support

Post by Tumpin »

I requestr native AIFF support. Many music stores are offering the format these days but its only playable in MM with a plugin. The plugin doesn't work very well, no file info is shown. Also when I sync to my phone then MM skips the aiff files from auto convert. So it would be great if that was added.
Last edited by Lowlander on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheGuy

Post by TheGuy »