Gapless playback when playing to an external UPNP renderer

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Andre Gosselin

Gapless playback when playing to an external UPNP renderer

Post by Andre Gosselin »

It maybe a bit late to raise this issue about MM 4.1, now that it is in RC phase. But here it is. When playing to an external UPNP device ("Play to"), there seems no way to achieve gapless playback, which ranks # 1 in my priority list. For some albums (eg classical opera), this makes for a very unpleasing listening experience. I know that gapless playback requieres collaboration between the UPNP renderer and the UPNP control point, but renderers capable of gapless playback through UPNPAV do exist (for ex. Simaudio Mind 180D, Cambridge Audio StreamMagic 6, Linn DS), and so for UPNP controllers (for ex. Foobar 2000, BubbleUPnP). It would be really nice if MM could achieve the same. One thing I am not sure about however is whether with the "Play to ..." feature MM qualifies as a UPNP control point or not. Has such functionnality been considered for inclusion in MediaMonkey ?

Regards.
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved to correct Forum
Ludek

Re: Gapless playback when playing to an external UPNP render

Post by Ludek »

Hi, your wish is added/tracked as http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=11716
Eldorage

Re: Gapless playback when playing to an external UPNP render

Post by Eldorage »

Would just like to add that I, too, need gapless playback.

In my case I am playing from an Oppo BDP-93 connected to my TV and surround system. The good news is that MM correctly sends multi-channel FLACs to the Oppo.