Keep track of what you were doing & Playlist from selection

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

NWDreamer

Keep track of what you were doing & Playlist from selection

Post by NWDreamer »

There are very few things that iTunes currently has over MediaMonkey, but here are two:

1) If you are working on a subset of one collection, looking at either another collection or playlist shouldn't cause the first collection to lose what you were doing! In other words, when you first open MM you're looking at your entire Music collection without anything being selected and that's usually just fine (unless you're the type that likes to continue from where you last were in which case it isn't!). Now let's say you want to compare what you have in a playlist with a subset of your Music collection (for example), even if you have the subset selected in the Music collection, as soon as you click on the playlist and return everything is back to the default view (with nothing selected).

Another example. Right now I'm adding album art to almost 6,000 albums. As I'm going along I sometimes have to check something out which causes me to click on another collection or playlist. When I return I now have to remember where I was and scroll all the way back there. A third example came about when trying to do a work-around for the next wishlist item that iTunes already does. I know I'll run into this issue again once I start refreshing all of my iPOD's...

2) Once you have a subset of a collection selected, add an option to create a playlist from the selection. If there's an easy way to do this now, I couldn't find it. So, I ended up creating the empty playlist first, then returning to my subset (only to find it was no longer there - see wishlist #1 above!). I then reselected what I wanted (hoping I didn't miss anything) and dragged it to the newly created playlist.

I just think the above two wishlist items will make life a lot easier for those of us who have large collections and lots of playlists.

I'm a recent convert from iTunes and can see that this will be where I want my music for the future so THANKSfor the great program! :D
Craig B. (a.k.a., NW Dreamer - Gold MediaMonkey user.)
Lowlander

Re: Keep track of what you were doing & Playlist from select

Post by Lowlander »

1) You can use a different tab so selection isn't lost.

2) Right click, Send To > Playlist
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
NWDreamer

Re: Keep track of what you were doing & Playlist from select

Post by NWDreamer »

Lowlander wrote:1) You can use a different tab so selection isn't lost.

2) Right click, Send To > Playlist

So THAT'S what those tabs are for! I swear, even though I've "RTFM" more than once now I'm STILL missing things... :roll:

As for #2, I figured there had to be a way that I was overlooking. I'm guessing it would have been a while before I would have stumbled on the answer by myself.

Cool, two wishlist items crossed off - THANKS! :D

Now, what about those other two? :wink:
Craig B. (a.k.a., NW Dreamer - Gold MediaMonkey user.)