Podcasting support

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

lukeclancy

Post by lukeclancy »

still have a bit of bother with this script (latest version). there seems to be two issues:

1) it keeps generating errors within MM, even when i am not essentially using it (i presume it is doing something in the background. As well as the standard "Error executing script event" which is produced pretty much every time i touch MM, it also ocassionally produces a bigger error of the type show in this image

2) it does not seem to remember feeds that i have added.

Any ideas?
Amankhan

Post by Amankhan »

Having trouble with this podcast feed:

http://www.1up.com/flat/Podcasts/podcasts.xml

Looks like its a Feedburner feed. Anything I'm doing wrong? Or is this type of feed not supported by the script yet?
Amankhan

Post by Amankhan »

Still can't get the above podcast feed to work. Does anyone else have a Feedburner Podcast feed working successfully with this script? If so, how did you do it? And what URL did you use for the feed?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

This script has suddenly stopped working. For no apparent reason it's now crashing MM every time it tries to download a new podcast. I've tried clearing the cache and reloading the podcasts - they still validate fine. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the script. Any ideas why it's stopped working?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

This problem is quite frustrating, I was having the same problem on my system, and was trying to fix it last time I posted. I never did work out the cause, and now it is working again, making it difficult to debug. There's not much I can suggest I'm afraid. I suspect there is a problem with one of the podcasts, which might get fixed next time it is updated. When I say there's something wrong with a podcast, I mean there's something wrong with my code :)

I've not had much time to work on this recently, but I'll keep trying to work out what's wrong.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thanks.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Ok, it's randomly started working again now. However, I want to delete one of the podcasts I used to listen to, but don't anymore. I delete it from the options, fine. However, next time I go into the options, it's there again! So now I'm stuck downloading something that I never listen to. Any ideas?
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

With the current release version, you can't remove podcasts. I'll release what I've got so far over the weekend, hopefully it works well enough (!) for the the time being, and has this problem fixed.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Oh, ok. Cheers! :)
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

Or maybe I won't....

Sorry, my hard drive has crashed in my windows system. I won't be able to get anything working this week I'm afraid.

D'Oh.

Mike.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm sorry to hear that. Don't worry, I can be patient! :)
balaji

What am I missing?

Post by balaji »

Hi all,

I'm feeling pretty stupid right now, cuz I know I'm missing something obvious, but have no idea what.

I just started using Monkey and have already stopped using all other music players. Would like to use Monkey to handle my podcasts as well.

I downloaded the latest installer from Schmeeky's website and accepted the defaults. Exited MM and logged back in - no difference.

I have tried copying the dll files into the plugins directory - doesn't work.

The podcasts.vbs is in the scripts\auto directory. I also have a 0 byte winamp.exe in my MM folder.

Can some one please tell me why I can't see the podcasts node? - I have no other scripts/plugins installed.

Using Windows XP SP 2 with the .NET Framework 2.0 installed.
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

Hi balaji,

Is the podcasts options section also missing? With the setup you mention, the plugin should* work. You don't need to put the plugin files in the plugins folder - that's where the winamp-style plugins go - but I think it should still work. Might make more sense to put them there anyway.

If you can't see anything, try adding

Code: Select all

msgbox "Plugin Loaded"
to the end of the onStartUp section of the script file. This should pop up a message box if the plugin loads. Not much else I can suggest at the moment I'm afraid, except uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, if you haven't already tried that.

Mike.

* when I say should, I mean, it worked on my system with the same setup :) Extensive testing I know .....[/code]
balaji

Post by balaji »

Hi Mike,

There was no podcasts options and no message box initially.

On an instinct I decided to check my running processes after closing MM. Found that MM was still resident in my memory.

I killed the process and restarted the application - this time I got the message and I can see podcasts in my node tree! Coolness :D

Thanks for the help!
Gusti

Can't add podcast

Post by Gusti »

hello.
I've installed MM and Schmeekys podcast script.
In my MM I can see the podcast node and the menu to search for new podcasts. When I click on a podcast to add it to MM, the MM task in the taskbar ist flashing, but no podcast appears in the MM-node.

Anyone an idea what I've done wrong?
TIA, Gusti