Synchronized playback multiroom [#7090]

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

tomt39

Re: Synchronized playback multiroom [#7090]

Post by tomt39 »

Couple comments.
First, I have a Yamaha receiver (RX-A2060) that supports multicast from Mediamonkey playback and it works very well. So as a previous individual mentioned, if you are having conductivity issues it is probably related to your WiFi. I have a new Asus 6 ghz router and have no issues.

However, my other comment is regarding playback from my computer at the same time as streaming to my receiver. This is the feature I would like to see added. So, if I could choose multiple playback sources (Internal player and Receiver) this would be ideal.
Long story short. I'm with everyone else, but just work on it from the select player option.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 5 can stream to multiple devices and play internally. However the timing is always off for me.

On the other hand streaming to multiple Chromecast capable devices from either MediaMonkey 5 or MMA works very well.
tomt39

Post by tomt39 »

Thanks for the quick reply Lowlander.

Forgot to post I'm using the Version 4 lifetime. Have not updated to the beta 5.
Yeah, I have a Yamaha multicast speaker that I set up in my office so I can cast to my receiver, then receive the signal back and Yamaha is perfectly in sync. It would just be nice to utilize my computer speakers (which are pretty decent).

I'm glad to hear they have the feature in version 5. Sorry to hear about time delay issue. Hopefully they'll resolve that soon.
Tomt39
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's impossible to resolve. Devices have different delays and differing delays each time they're used. DLNA simply doesn't provide for this.

Chromecast however does as it's a closed system from Google.