Browse by Album Art

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

zarkie

Browse by Album Art

Post by zarkie »

Hi,

after spending so much time finding and editing album art for my waste little collection of music ;p it would be nice to gain more from me it than just see the cover when I'm playing...

I would love to be able to browse by album art!

e.g. when I click on an artist I would see the album art of all the albums in the right pane instead of all the songs.

I would like this to be an option in the right pane - an easy button above the right pane to show song eiter songs or album covers. This should only be a choice on "higher" levels - when I'm IN an album it make more sense to show the songs - I would the see the album art for that album in the bottom left as usual.

I guess clicking on an album in the right pane will have the same effect as browsing to an album normally would.

Also when search results are displayed would it be nice to have the option to see album art instead of song titles.

Thx
mjs93

Post by mjs93 »

The developers have said that something like this will be available in a coming version. :)
jojohaha

Post by jojohaha »

is this feature available in MediaMonkey 2.5.1.901 Alpha 3? ive been playing with the options and cant figure it out :)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No this is not available at this moment. (2.5 alpha 3)

Post by Guest »

the lack of browsing by cover art thumbnails is the only thing keeping me from buying Mediamonkey. Cover art is how I recognise my music. I have been looking at cd covers for the last 20 years and vinyle covers for the 10 years prior to that. A dry text list is just not good enough . . I reckon the first developer to crack this will clean up . . I am surprised iTunes havent done it either . . . . keep waiting for now I guess
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't know but I assume that few people have actually gone thru the trouble of adding album art for their songs. I have and I'd like a feature like that too.
Al_G

Post by Al_G »

Lowlander wrote:I don't know but I assume that few people have actually gone thru the trouble of adding album art for their songs. I have and I'd like a feature like that too.
I'm in the process of adding album art, and would like to see any features that enhance viewing by album. I'm a visual person, and identifying songs with album covers is a positive thing.
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Al_G wrote:
Lowlander wrote:I don't know but I assume that few people have actually gone thru the trouble of adding album art for their songs. I have and I'd like a feature like that too.
I'm in the process of adding album art, and would like to see any features that enhance viewing by album. I'm a visual person, and identifying songs with album covers is a positive thing.
Me too!!

Post by Guest »

You may be right . . . but only because, until recently, there has been absolutely no point. iTunes cant show cover art of anything other than the track that is playing. The cover art thumbnails views in J River MC is amazing . . . but they shoot themselves in the foot by having no Nano sync for cover art and they cant show thumbnails AND tracks at the same time.

Heres a link as an example http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/searc ... 49-1987159
Imagine it WITHOUT the thumbnails! Boring or what . .well thats iTunes and MediaMonkey right now . . just a list of words.

Its right there for the taking . . whoever realises this first . . . Mediamonkey, Media Centre, iTunes or whoever. Watch this space.

Post by Guest »

OK . . sorry my link doesnt work. It was to an Amazon search for 'Beatles' . . . loads of pretty thumbnails.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Example
hallobuddy

Post by hallobuddy »

http://www.audiosoft.net/screenshots.html

an interface similar to this would be great :)
tsudduth24

Yes, look at ejukebox

Post by tsudduth24 »

Browse by album art would be very NICE. I would encourge the developers to look at ejukebox as previously mentioned. Besides browsing by album art, it has a nice "Auto DJ" equivient feature. Basically you have a playlist filter where you specify filter criteria. ex... 4 stars, country, 1990's etc

I liked ejukebox but not enought support and fixes.

PS take a look at ejukebox party mode too.. nice
abrazor

Post by abrazor »

It is definitely a great idea to be able to do an album browse by album art. Bring it on!! :wink:
Morten

Post by Morten »

Same here.!