What a load of rubbish

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

stevegcot

What a load of rubbish

Post by stevegcot »

Mediamonkey is a load of rubbish. I now have a complete screwed music file due to this load of junk, and I paid £32 for the pleasure. What a mug. Back to itunes for me. And before anyone accuses me of incompetence I know my way around a PC and would expect a program of this type to work without a load of time a and effort on my part for £32. As stated rubbish don't waste your money.
chrisabiss

Re: What a load of rubbish

Post by chrisabiss »

Itunes is a wonderful program that I think you would truly love. MM is totally to basic for your sophisticated taste.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Well seeing as how you did not state what MM did to ruin your music, I am sure iTunes will set you right. If you should happen to need to assistance with that task I am sure if you ask nicely someone will assist you.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
tinana

Post by tinana »

And Happy Holidays, too! :o
MM Gold/Lifetime member
Melloware

Post by Melloware »

stevegcot wrote:Mediamonkey is a load of rubbish. I now have a complete screwed music file due to this load of junk, and I paid £32 for the pleasure. What a mug. Back to itunes for me. And before anyone accuses me of incompetence I know my way around a PC and would expect a program of this type to work without a load of time a and effort on my part for £32. As stated rubbish don't waste your money.
Ahh nothing like a good TROLL on Christmas. Steve you will forever be known as the Christmas Troll on the MM forums.

How can we accuse you of incompetence when you have not...

A) Stated your problem
B) Given us your MM version you are using
C) Explained what you were doing in MM when the problem supposedly corrupted your music file which is what I think you say happened but I can't be sure.

But by all means explain how the product is rubbish and you are a computer expert. And my favorite part of your message is that I somehow doubt you actually paid for MediaMonkey, you used the Free version and figure by saying you paid for it that you are somehow owed something. Because the only way you would have paid for MediaMonkey is if you tested out the Free version and were so blown away by it that you purchased. Nothing in the language above gives me any indication of that. Thus you are labeled troll.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

rubbish? umm? okay got it.

you got messed up tags do to the way itunes messes them up for its own use. you had thought it was correctly setting them up. that was your mistake thinking apple cares enought to keep your songs correct and with in the standard tags.

your second mistake was leaving mediamonkey with out telling us everything.

but going from what you said the only thing monkey could have done was try to go to your library and set it up by the tags.
but the tags were messed up so monkey simpley followed itunes messed up info and placed your songs all over the place with different artist's for the songs and different albums and song titles for them.

there are several other messages already stating that itunes does cause this to be done in monkey.

and there are several other messages of me telling people to make sure they sync the database of monkey to the songs.
after they get the song info correct in monkeys database. then he will move it all over the place with out messing it up.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Interesting choice to post this in the wishlist section as well! :lol:
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
stevegcot

Post by stevegcot »

For information - as stated bought the Gold version.

Did not expect to sit and debug a program that is sold as an all singing version of a music manager

Since buying said Gold version I have tried all the fixes for "Library not working" but to no avail.

I also hate Apples domination of the Ipod scene but since having issues with Media Monkey find that it has more bugs than Itunes but I did not pay foe Itunes.

By the way flattery will get you everywhere, being the Christmas troll is not so bad, better than being a smug fool!

Don't worry, not asking for sympathy, just honesty when buying software. (The free version worked OK)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

stevegcot wrote:For information - as stated bought the Gold version.

Did not expect to sit and debug a program that is sold as an all singing version of a music manager

Since buying said Gold version I have tried all the fixes for "Library not working" but to no avail.

I also hate Apples domination of the Ipod scene but since having issues with Media Monkey find that it has more bugs than Itunes but I did not pay foe Itunes.

By the way flattery will get you everywhere, being the Christmas troll is not so bad, better than being a smug fool!

Don't worry, not asking for sympathy, just honesty when buying software. (The free version worked OK)
The free and gold versions are exactly the same, with the exception that the Gold version has some features enabled which the free version doesn't. If you post some more regarding your error, rather than name-calling, you might be able to get some assistance from the smart people in this forum! :)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

By "version" I think people were wanting the version number, not whether you've unlocked the Gold features or not.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
stevegcot

Post by stevegcot »

Have resolved it by removing all apple software and made changes within the registry, ie removed all reference to Apple software. Removed Media Monkey and again removed all 'left overs' from the registry + the folder that the uninstall did not remove and then re-installed Media Monkey.

This now seems to run OK without having to remove any of the .dll files that a lot of people are having to remove to get Media Monkey to work.

As some other Media Monkey user are mentioning Apple are being aggressive but its up to Media Monkey to resolve the issues not leave it for their customers.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

stevegcot wrote:
As some other Media Monkey user are mentioning Apple are being aggressive but its up to Media Monkey to resolve the issues not leave it for their customers.
Now this I can agree with, I would really like it if it was customizable whether to install the plugins rather than mandatory.

Melloware

Post by Melloware »

nynaevelan wrote:Now this I can agree with, I would really like it if it was customizable whether to install the plugins rather than mandatory.
I also agree, first thing I do on an MM installation is remove iPhone.dll because I will never use it and don't want it loading. It would be nice to know what else I could unload that I don't use.
Melloware Inc.
MonkeyTunes - DACP Server for MediaMonkey
Intelliremote - Take Back Control of your HTPC!
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Melloware wrote:
I also agree, first thing I do on an MM installation is remove iPhone.dll because I will never use it and don't want it loading. It would be nice to know what else I could unload that I don't use.
Same here, except I delete all ipod/iriver plugins as well as the MM scripts which I do not use. I know they do not take up alot of space but I do not want them around if I know I am not going to use them.

Nosrrud

Post by Nosrrud »

Hang on a minute,... did someone say their going back to iTunes?? - Ha ha ha... LOOSER!!