Add protection to Auto-Organize

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

MediaMonkey should better protect users (select all options you like)

You may select up to 5 options

View results

Lowlander

Add protection to Auto-Organize

Post by Lowlander »

Incorrectly configuring the Auto-Organize can lead to loss of songs. Using File > Auto-Organize Files the user can confirm what the result will be from the chosen mask, but the Auto-Organize lacks this as it's automated. As such some optional protections (enabled on default install) would help preventing MediaMonkey overwriting one track with the next.

Options:
  1. Add option to confirm when Auto-Organize will overwrite an existing file (with detail about both copies so user can choose to overwrite or not).
  2. Add option to always prevent overwriting of existing files (no prompt option)
  3. Add option to evaluate rules in a results window like Auto-Organize Files (so that users can evaluate rules before saving them)
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
nynaevelan

Re: Add protection to Auto-Organize

Post by nynaevelan »

Where's the option for I Don't use Automated Auto-Organize, I manually Auto-Organize??
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

nynaevelan wrote:Where's the option for I Don't use Automated Auto-Organize, I manually Auto-Organize??
Added, but you will have to revote.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Lowlander wrote:
nynaevelan wrote:Where's the option for I Don't use Automated Auto-Organize, I manually Auto-Organize??
Added, but you will have to revote.
I hadn't voted yet, I was waiting for my choice to show up.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
MoDementia

Post by MoDementia »

Even as an intermediate user I will never turn on auto auto-organise, I will only run it manually after changing tags.
That being said, the option to name tracks ...(01), ...(02), ...(03) etc in both auto and manual auto-organise where conflicts occur would be a bonus.
I suppose that there needs to be a flag set so it dosen't keep trying to auto auto-organise it again after the conflict though, but will show up in a files to edit node or something
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yeah, same for me, I fully understand it's dangers so I don't use it either. The flagging and Files to Edit node would be good additions, although somehow if the Auto-Organize creates duplicate folder/filename it would require the mask to be changed or permanently flag the files (or of course the user needs to eliminate a copy as they're actual duplicates).