"Leave Free Capacity" option on auto-sync

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

kerryjr

"Leave Free Capacity" option on auto-sync

Post by kerryjr »

Hi,

With the iPhone support I'd like to ask that the "Sync random subset up to device capacity" be updated with an option to leave a user specified amount of space free on the device . The device is now used for much more than music, and it is a chore to have to go into media monkey to remove music just so I have space for other stuff like pictures or applications.

Manually managing the music capacity on there isn't an option for me as I'm lazy.

Cheers,
polywaffle

Re: "Leave Free Capacity" option on auto-sync

Post by polywaffle »

this is kinda just a workaround, but you could make a random autoplaylist (maybe make it prefer higher rated songs), and set the limit to how many gigs you want taken up by music.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Although the polywaffle work around would work I think that this is a nice feature to be had. Especially if you use the sync list for other purposes it would be easier if the device profile would be able to define leave x free and also sycn up to x amount beside the current up to device capacity option.
Psyker7

Post by Psyker7 »

Strange how I missed this first time I tried searching, and silly me went and made a duplicate thread about it!
Possibly because I used the word space rather than capacity... Oh well.

This would be a great feature :D
richardkemp

Post by richardkemp »

This would be a good feature to add - though the workaround mentioned is acceptable I suppose.

Thanks for suggesting it, I didn't think of it myself (silly!)
BrandonK

Post by BrandonK »

+1 for this feature request
kerryjr wrote:The device is now used for much more than music
This hits at the core of the issue. My Creative ZEN 32GB is only used for music, so the current option to sync as much as will fit makes sense. But with the iPhone (and MS Exchange integration), I need free space for email, photos, and other stuff. It would be nice to say "leave XX GB free" when syncing.