MTP synchronization: update info from device's database

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

botijo

MTP synchronization: update info from device's database

Post by botijo »

At the moment, there is no option to enable two way synchronization with MTP devices. What I really would find neat is to have my device update MM own play count setting. I am not sure if every MTP device can do that, but my iriver clix2 does, as it shows in Vista Home Premium:
I hope that MM developers can add this feature, as well as the rating one. I know that iPods are great and that their share is around 20-30% (last year statistics shown in my company), but there are lots of other people with MTP devices around, you know.
botijo

Post by botijo »

Somehow I got confused. MTP devices synchronize accordingly, even if the option is greyed out. What is being synchronized is the playcount and the ratings. Documentation should reflect this.
By the way, what are the .alb files for? How are they created?

Post by Guest »

Please implement two-way syncing of playcounts and ratings if at all possible.

Then I'd jump ship from the ipod forever.
leonturbo

Post by leonturbo »

I have an IRIVER H120 with Rockbox and it would be glad to synch the ratings.
botijo

Post by botijo »

By the way, I did realize that MM takes into account the ratings and playcounts from the device if I did an auto-sync.
I filled in a bug's report. Maybe we can get some developer involved in clarifications. Specially when and how the ratings and playcount are being synch'ed from device into the PC: