REAL auto-tagging

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

nohitter151

REAL auto-tagging

Post by nohitter151 »

I'd like an option for an auto tag so that if I played a song missing the tags/album art/lyrics then they would be downloaded to the tags. Its a pain doing all that clicking by album!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This has been requested before, but I think it's unlikely that this will be implemented any time soon. The reason being that auto-taggers often tag files incorrect, something you certainly don't want.

Do check out the various files to edit nodes to determine which files to edit. Also check out auto-tag from filename and auto-tag from Amazon to make this manual tagging a bit easier/faster.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

there is an auto tagger for yahoo! widgets that worked with iTunes... it did exactly what i want mediamonkey to do by searching at amazon. a lot of times it wouldn't find anythign and it'd just leave the tags unchanged but at least it didn't get them wrong.

http://widgets.yahoo.com/gallery/view.php?widget=33155
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I've used several applications and all applications have gotten things wrong. Anyway it's up to the developers to decide what they do.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

yes i just wish that there was an option. anyways, i love mediamonkey and it is still the best around even without this option.