ripping CD's to database library

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

kus

ripping CD's to database library

Post by kus »

Hi- about 70% of the time I have to rip a CD twice or sometimes 3-4 times for it to "take", folders won't establish or songs show

What's up wit dat? I was going to buy gold but not sure it would solve that....thx for any info
Lowlander

Re: ripping CD's to database library

Post by Lowlander »

Which build of MediaMonkey 5 (Help > About)?

What do you mean by "take". Are you saying that when you Rip a CD the files are not on the PC as seen by File Explorer?
catsknit

Post by catsknit »

Not sure if this is the same problem the OP is having, but I just ripped a CD to my library, and although MM immediately found the correct metadata and I clicked OK, when it ripped it, it added it all as unknown album, unknown artist so I couldn't find it at all in MM. I actually reripped it twice before realizing what it was doing. I ended up having to find it by going to files to edit and choosing Unknown albums and then look for today's date.
Windows 10, MMW 5.0.4.2670, MMA 1.4.4.0956
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5. I'm unable to reproduce. When MediaMonkey looks up CD information (I use MusicBrainz) it Rips with this information. Any edits I make prior to Rip are also on the Ripped files.
catsknit

Post by catsknit »

I had just updated today after the first try at ripping it and couldn't find it, figured there might be a bug so I updated and repeated, same problem.
I'm still using the free version, will upgrade to Gold once I get the kinks worked out on my end.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please remove cdplayer.ini from %APPDATA%\MediaMonkey5\ (paste this in the File Explorer address bar) and try again if the problem persists?
catsknit

Post by catsknit »

OK, did that and so far, so good. I've ripped 3 CDs since I did that and although it couldn't find one from Musicbrainz and I had to edit it myself, the other two came in seamlessly with all the info. Thanks!