[SOLVED] MM Library is running, but does not appear in select sync server

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

delaysix

[SOLVED] MM Library is running, but does not appear in select sync server

Post by delaysix »

I'm trying to get upnp and wifi sync working on my android device. I have bought the add-on some time ago and am a gold user for MM5. So those two requirements are checked off.

I had some issues getting the service installed due to logon failures, but fixed it manually by setting the logon tab to local system. Now the service is running and MM5 shows the uninstall as service button.

Now the only problem is just getting the MediaMonkey Library (MML) to show up in my device.

In Options > Media Sharing, MML is enabled and running. I have the "Share automatically with all new devices" enabled. When I click on the Devices & Services tab on the left sidebar, the MML does not show up, but other things like my PLEX server does. When I try to upnp on the MM android app, the server does not show up. When I try to select a sync server the same issue is occurring.

I originally tried this with the v5.0.0 release, and then tried again with the latest build I could find: MediaMonkey 5.0.1.2422 RC-6, but unfortunately this did not fix my issue.

Other stuff I've tried:
- Restarting
- Unchecking the enabled server
- Removing the server and restarting (this would automatically recreate it)
- Running as an administrator
- Making sure that MM5 is allowed through the firewall
- Disabling the firewall

I also realized that underneath the Select sync server button, the subtext shows a different PC name than my current PC name. I am not sure if that is using the original PC name before I renamed my PC to something else, or it's somehow stuck with my previous windows before I reformatted and did a clean install.

I forced stopped the app and cleared both the cache and data, but that did not seem to fix the issue.

Solution: Make sure your phone is not connected to an alternative wifi network (ex: guest network), and that auto connect is turn off for that network.
Last edited by delaysix on Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: MM Library is running, but does not appear in select sync server

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey doesn't show it's own Media Server unless you're using port 4000 for the Media Server.

Please see the following for troubleshooting: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ccessible/
delaysix

Re: MM Library is running, but does not appear in select sync server

Post by delaysix »

Finally found the issue. My phone was connected to the guest wifi instead of the main wifi. If anyone else has both a guest and a main wifi, set auto connect to off on the guest network.