Managing Music/Playlist on Iphone

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

sdwilcox

Managing Music/Playlist on Iphone

Post by sdwilcox »

After avoiding it for years I finally caved in and upgraded my iPhone so clearly, I want to put music on it!

I'm having issues figuring out how to limit what goes onto the phone.

Currently, when I sync, my whole library is being copied to my iPhone. I tried to limit the sync to songs rated 3 or better, but still, everything is going over. I don't see a way to pick which play lists go over. What am I missing? Thanks in advance!

Version: 5.0.0.2338
Lowlander

Re: Managing Music/Playlist on Iphone

Post by Lowlander »

You can pick what should be Synced: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... _Device.29

If more is Synced the content is selected somewhere to be Synced. So if you select a few Playlists, but also a Full Collection all files matching any of the selections will be Synced.
sdwilcox

Post by sdwilcox »

I found that screen but I'm unable to select which playlist(s) to sync. My problem with everything sync was from one playlist (General music). I removed that for the time being and now only the songs I want are syncing. So worked around the "bug" lack of feature to be select limited playlists to sync.

Thanks for the help!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Perhaps you selected Playlists on the left side, which means all Playlists will be Synced and thus no Playlist selection is shown on the right side. Disable Playlists on the left side and you'll be able to select individual Playlists on the right side.
sdwilcox

Post by sdwilcox »

The behavior changes when you get to playlist:

I tried to post a screenshot following the directions provided here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97733

But received this error message:
You can’t post image, email or url links that are external to this domain. <Domain removed to post>

The Image can be found if you put rebuild the path below:

https://ibb.co/6tgvTNd

Thanks for the help!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you enable Playlists and then disable it? Does that show the Playlists?

Also try updating to build 2422 if that didn't resolve it: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d