Various Syncing Problems

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

richiefinger

Various Syncing Problems

Post by richiefinger »

I've decided to start a new thread for these problems as there was too many off topic issues for my previous thread.

I have just competed my first big sync from MM5 to MMA over wifi.
10gb of FLAC files (306 tracks) which took 1hour 40 mins.
Of the 306 , 26 failed to download.
I tried syncing again and only 7 of the 26 failed to download.
I tried syncing again and the 7 still failed to sync. All were FLAC files and all over 8 minutes in length, is this a known issue with longer files?
Other files that were longer and larger file size synced OK though.
It could not have been wifi interruption because the same 7 files failed to sync on three separate occasions.
They are not dead links as all files play in MM5.
Ludek

Re: Various Syncing Problems

Post by Ludek »

Which version of MMA are you using ?

Try to update (if not already) on MMA 1.4.4.0952 , MM5 5.0.1.2420
and generate debug log for MM5 ( item 4b here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 )
and accompanying MMA log ID ( viewtopic.php?f=21&t=72208 )
and attach to eSupport ticket

Thanks!
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

Happy to do that.
Current MM5 is 5.01.2407, Current MMA is 1.4.3.0950

I might need to resolve a problem that has happened overnight first.

I had my phone syncing a large amount(1000+) of FLAC files over wifi from MM5 to MMA. I went to sleep with it still halfway through the sync. I forgot my laptop is set to auto shutdown at midnight. It might have completed the sync , it might not have done before the shutdown.
This morning I can't get MMA to see MM5 over wifi. I've tried rebooting phone, laptop, wifi, router etc.
(Mac and Laptop are networking to each other on same wifi network ok)
I tried a USB sync and I keep getting the File Transfer process is frozen message, tried leaving it for an hour to see if it resolves itself but no luck. When I close down MM5 I get the following error message: Problem with copying file to to \Mediamonkey\meta_files\v3\sync_lock.json
Item: C:\users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\MetadataStorages\v3\long string of numbers\sync_lock.json

Should I still go ahead and upgrade both MMA and MM5?
Will I have to re-sync all the FLAC files that I synced yesterday If I do upgrade??

Edit: Have now upgraded to the latest MM5 debug build as suggested. (Still MMA not seeing any sync options over wifi)

Have signed up as a tester through MMA. How do I update to the latest version. The tester sign up process says I will receive an "update" what does that mean? How will I receive it?
EDIT: I have auto update turned off that's why it hadn't updated, .
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

Have now got both MMA 1.4.4.0952 , MM5 5.0.1.2420
Rebooted Windows 10 Laptop (connecting to internet/wifi ok)
Rebooted Android 11 Phone (connecting to internet/wifi ok)
Android phone and W10 laptop are on same wireless network.
Macbook Big Sur is networking with Windows 10 laptop both ways OK over wifi network. (Network is OK)
I try to sync over wifi from MMA. It tries to connect and eventually says Connection Failed.
I try to select sync server on MMA, it searches for a server, I waited 10 minutes and then gave up.

Am I missing a trick to "reset" the MM5/MMA server connection?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
that's strange that the MM5 server is no longer visible in MMA after the shutdown, was there a e.g. a Windows Update meanwhile?
So if you go to MMA > UPnP then I suppose you don't see the MM5 server too?

Could you try which of the steps here:
https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ccessible/
resolves your problem?
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

First thing on the list sorted the connection problem.
Enabled was not ticked.
Sync is connected now.
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

I have now tried again to sync from my clean database.
This time 12 tracks of 3000+ didn't sync. I ran the sync again and the remaining tracks synced OK.

Because I set my mask of <path> for Music and not for Classical, 30 tracks ended up in a Classical sub folder. This is To be expected.
I'm not interested in having these tracks classed as Classical so I changed their type to Music. I then ran update tags on these changed tags .I restarted MM5 and re-scanned the root folder. The tracks are still in their original root folder on MM5 with no subfolders, so as it should be.
I then tried re syncing and the 30 tracks were uploaded to MMA.
After syncing the 30 classical tracks now appear in MMA in a sub folder called Music and another subfolder called Classical.
The change of Type has not been recognized.
If I sort the entire library on MM5 by Type, only Music appears (No Classical). As it should be.
How can I force MMA/MM5 to recognize the change when syncing?
The tracks are still in their original root folder on MM5 with no subfolders, so nothing has changed at that end
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

What are the Genre(s) associated with these 30 files?
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

Some are multi genre but they all have Classical in the genre.
I chose the use first genre if multi genre exists in the sync options
EDIT: I changed the mask for Classical in the sync options to <path> and deleted one track from MMA as a test.
Then resynced. the 1 track reuploaded but is still appearing in the Classical folder in MMA
EDIT: I have changed the genre of some of the tracks to not say Classical, this hasn't helped either. I've checked in MMA after the sync and confirmed genre has changed.
TEMPORARY SOLUTION: I deleted the Classical folder and then re-synced and this has kind of solved the problem.
But my classical tracks have now got the wrong genre in order to do this.
Is there a better solution??

So I'm assuming from this that MM5 for syncing picks up on the Classical "Type" and/or Classical "Genre"?
I just want my tracks to all be treated the same way but have correctly labelled genres.
richiefinger

Post by richiefinger »

SOLVED:
I deleted all the classical tracks from the MM5 library only.
Deleted all the classical tracks from the MMA device
Rescanned MM5 and readded the classical tracks
Resynced MMA.
All working.
I then renamed the tracks genres back to Classical and they have stayed in the correct folder.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

richiefinger wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:53 am Some are multi genre but they all have Classical in the genre.
I chose the use first genre if multi genre exists in the sync options
EDIT: I changed the mask for Classical in the sync options to <path> and deleted one track from MMA as a test.
Then resynced. the 1 track reuploaded but is still appearing in the Classical folder in MMA
EDIT: I have changed the genre of some of the tracks to not say Classical, this hasn't helped either. I've checked in MMA after the sync and confirmed genre has changed.
TEMPORARY SOLUTION: I deleted the Classical folder and then re-synced and this has kind of solved the problem.
But my classical tracks have now got the wrong genre in order to do this.
Is there a better solution??
Hi, the better solution is to check this checkbox:
'[x] Enforce use of sync mask for files already on the device'
here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3426qgywrfm8r ... 0.png?dl=0