Annoying Windows pop-up

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

sciencetist

Annoying Windows pop-up

Post by sciencetist »

Hey all, how can I get rid of the annoying pop-up that appears in the top left of the screen whenever I am playing a song and adjust the volume using the hotkeys?

I would share an image, but no links to external domains allowed lolol

From what I understand, it's a Windows tool that is linked to individual apps like Firefox, MusicMonkey, Chrome, etc. I've disabled it in Firefox, but I can't find how to disable it in MM.
Ludek

Re: Annoying Windows pop-up

Post by Ludek »

See: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 33&t=99043
i.e. hideVolumeODS (for whole Windows) or removing MediaMonkeyMT.dll (just for MM5) will disable this ODS panel
Ntrino

Add option to disable the "Media Volume Control Pop-up"

Post by Ntrino »

In Windows 10, when changing the volume, an annoying media control popup appears to side of the volume control slider.
Programs such as Firefox and Chrome allow you to disable this with a simple config flag parameter
eg. setting "hardware-media-key-handling" to false.
Can there please be a future setting in the options to disable this annoying popup!

Cheers :)
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

See my reply above,
i.e. setting "hardware-media-key-handling" to false is the same as removing MediaMonkeyMT.dll from the MM install folder.

Alternatively there are utilities like hideVolumeODS ( http://wordpress.venturi.de/?p=1 ) that can disable this for whole Windows ;-)
Thamesvalley

Post by Thamesvalley »

Ludek wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:32 am See: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=99043
i.e. hideVolumeODS (for whole Windows) or removing MediaMonkeyMT.dll (just for MM5) will disable this ODS panel
Hi Ludek,

Well done.
Removing the .dll file fixed the problem after I installed MM5
Thank you very much for your help.
Get woke, go broke !!