[SOLVED]: "Database entries do not match tags"

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Andre_H

[SOLVED]: "Database entries do not match tags"

Post by Andre_H »

Hi folks,

MMW found a few tracks under "Database entries do not match tags", but i can't see, what's wrong there.
The only field thats highlighted from MMW is "comment", which is empty in all cases.

Screen: https://ibb.co/yWQxZ2h

Neither "update tags" from context menu nor "file\update files\rescan" correct the discrepancies.
What i am supposed to to?

Thank you!
Last edited by Andre_H on Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Lowlander

Re: Question: "Database entries do not match tags"

Post by Lowlander »

Nothing, Files to Edit is an aid to help you find files that may require editing, but that isn't necessary to do.

DB / Tag Mismatches highlights files that have different values between the MediaMonkey database and the files tags, but also when ID3v1 and v2 tags in the files don't match. If nothing in the files seems out of order you can ignore this.

DB / Tag Mismatches: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Mismatches
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:23 am DB / Tag Mismatches highlights files that have different values between the MediaMonkey database and the files tags, but also when ID3v1 and v2 tags in the files don't match.
i only have ID3v2.3 tags, doublechecked this via MP3Tag. no ID3v1, no APE, or anything.

if there are different values between database and tag, isn't "update tags" from context menu nor "file\update files\rescan" supposed to correct this? i run both of it multiple times.

i checked this mismatch function in the past now and then, and i never had hits in it, finds have only been listed here for a few weeks. The tracks are ok, no real issues at all, but I would like to "fix" that.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, Update Tags should fix that, if MediaMonkey has write access to the files.

You'll have to do some investigative work to see why the files are listed there, to see if there is a potential bug.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Please generate debug log (4b here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 ) so that we can see why the files are still considered as DB / Tag mismatched.

1) Start DbgView
2) Go to Files to Edit > DB /Tag mismatches
3) wait until the 'Reading files...' disappears and save the output from DbgView and share
Also please share one of the mismatched files.

Thanks!
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Hi Guys,

just in case that happens to anyone: I found out that some ID tags were stored multiple times in the affected tracks (here mostly "custom tags"). MMW does not show this multiple entries, MP3Tag only if you select the affected tracks individually.

After cleaning up the tags, the tracks also disappear from the "do not match" search list. So, no bug in MMW, it was an ID-tag-thing, just hard to see.

Happy tagging & monkey'ing ... :wink: