Version 5.0.0.2338 no album art displayed

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

stevenmlane

Version 5.0.0.2338 no album art displayed

Post by stevenmlane »

I am a long time MM user, but have just upgraded to Version 5.0.0.2338

Now none of my existing album art is displayed nor can I download new album art. All I get it the blank grey disc anywhere where the art should be displayed. Letting the system search for art produces suggested album covers, but none will download or be applied to any album or any track.

I have tried rescanning the library and also deleting the library and adding it again.

Help, MM worked well for me in the past, not sure what to do?
Steve
Lowlander

Re: Version 5.0.0.2338 no album art displayed

Post by Lowlander »

Do the files themselves play in MediaMonkey?
stevenmlane

Post by stevenmlane »

Yes, all the files play properly.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Check the Properties > Artwork tab and see if the first image (if any) is the correct Artwork. Is that the case?

Can you describe how Artwork was previously associated and did you use your MediaMonkey 4 database in the upgrade to MediaMonkey 5?
stevenmlane

Post by stevenmlane »

Hello, Thanks for helping me. As an example, one album I have looked at shows the first artwork as "stored in tag", but no artwork is shown. The second option for the same album is stored as "folder.jpg" in the same folder as the individual tracks for that album. in this instance, where the album cover should be on the list is just the grey disc. I know that for this particular album, the cover appears correctly on both flac players I use. The same is true for most of my albums, the cover is usually stored as a jpg in the same file as the tracks.

I can understand that some album art may not be linked properly, or stored incorrectly. But I cannot seem any art at all, no matter how I try to access it, and attempts to import art, usually as jpgs, do not display in MM v5. I am familiar with MM v4 and had no problems at all with it prior to updating.

I did not use the MM 4 database, but cleared the library and reloaded. This is because I tend use MM to access particular albums only for editing before adding them to one of three or four separate individual databases stored on my Windows 10 computer for later syncing with different devices, rather than as my primary library or player
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you create a Copy in File Explorer to the Desktop (or other non-music location) of the file that has Artwork stored in tag, but not shown properly in Properties > Artwork?

Can you then View that file through Folders in the Media Tree. Does it show Artwork as it should?
stevenmlane

Post by stevenmlane »

Sorry if I am being dense, but I am not sure I understand "Folders in the Media Tree".

Is the Media Tree a function of MM. I looked for it, but didn't see it. Is the Media Tree something else I should already know about?

If you mean, can I open the album cover jpg stored in the album folder directly using Windows Explorer, the answer is yes. I have tested a number of such files and the answer is the same.

However, I don't know how the cover is saved if it is saved in tag. Is that a separate file?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Media Tree: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Tracks/5.0

Folders: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... mputer/5.0

When MediaMonkey shows stored in tag it means the Artwork is stored within the music file. From your description this Artwork is not displaying as expected in MediaMonkey.
stevenmlane

Post by stevenmlane »

OK, sorry, didn't know MM could do that!

I copied the album that I have been referring to where the album art is stored in a tag to a not music location, accessed it via the Media Tree, went to Properties>Artwork and where the cover should be it just says "stored in tag" but does not display anything other than the grey disc.

I am unable to get MM v5 to display any artwork, other then when it says "Lookup Artwork". It then displays a series of album covers, but any attempt to download one by double clicking on it results in the message "Download Failed"

I'm really stuck, what can be wrong with MM v5 that wasn't there when I used MM v4 without any problems. Can I go back to v4?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please update to build 2410: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86639 and see if you can change Artwork through Lookup?

Are all your files showing a stored in tag grey disc or is it just some files?
stevenmlane

Post by stevenmlane »

I have upgraded to 5.0.0.2410 and reloaded the library. I cannot see any artwork on any of the albums I include in the Library or even when I scan an attached fully loaded flac player. Just grey discs, whether stored in tag or jpg.

Using the same album I referred to before, I still can't see any artwork in the Properties>Artwork tab. I used the "lookup Image" option. It produced a whole series of album covers, all relevant. However, double clicking on any of the images to download it resulted in the message "Image Download Failed X"

I am at a loss here. I assume others do not have this issue with MM v5, otherwise you would be inundated with questions, so what is different about my computer that is causing this and why did it work fine on MM v4 and why don't I get problems with any other software?
stevenmlane

Post by stevenmlane »

Trying to make sense of this, I downloaded software called Audio Ranger and used it to view two albums, the one that we have been using in our discussions and one that I first edited with MM v5 just after I downloaded it.

Audio Ranger shows that both albums have the right album cover attached to each track.

So the album covers are there, just that MM v5 does not display any of them.

I would rather continue to use MM
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please open a Support Ticket and supply an affected file? If over 5M please upload to a fileshare site like Dropbox and include a link to the share in your message to Support.
HovelintheHills

Post by HovelintheHills »

Same issue. No artwork in MM5. I used my MM4 library.
I went back to MM4, artwork then also corrupted. Total nightmare.
Rebuilt PC got back to working MM4. Not using MM5 (horrible interface look anyway).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No Artwork is often a result of the files being a Dead Link or the drive having changed DriveID. Otherwise there should be no issue with Artwork in MediaMonkey 5.

What File Type(s) are affected and did they have embedded or external Artwork? Did you upgrade your MediaMonkey 4 Library or started fresh in MediaMonkey 5.