Deleting unused, mis-typed classifications [#17843]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

pah68

Deleting unused, mis-typed classifications [#17843]

Post by pah68 »

Hi Guys,
How do I remove a classification value I have created in error.
i.e. I've accidently tagged a file Tempo with 'Mode' instead of 'Moderate'
I retagged the file with 'Moderate' however 'Mode' remains an option in the tree.
In pre MM5 days I would simply select it and hit delete but that doesn't work in MM5
Barry4679

Re: Deleting unused, mis-typed classifications

Post by Barry4679 »

pah68 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:29 am Hi Guys,
How do I remove a classification value I have created in error.
i.e. I've accidently tagged a file Tempo with 'Mode' instead of 'Moderate'
I retagged the file with 'Moderate' however 'Mode' remains an option in the tree.
In pre MM5 days I would simply select it and hit delete but that doesn't work in MM5
I can't find a way either.
You can rename it if you want to create any other categories. ... You can do this in the Classification node.
The value is stored in the database, so you could delete it if you have a SQL Browser. PM me if you have a browser & SQL skills.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
pah68

Post by pah68 »

Renaming it to "" in the node is the same as deleting it. :wink:

Do you recommend a SQL browser for any future tweaks?
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

pah68 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:24 am Renaming it to "" in the node is the same as deleting it. :wink:
That's good.
pah68 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:24 am Do you recommend a SQL browser for any future tweaks?
I don't recommend doing tweaks really.

I only mentioned it in this case because there is facility in the MM5 Classification node where you could check that the Tempo was not in use anywhere, and you sounded like the typo was going to do your head in :)

The Sql Editor from MM5's Tools|Addons menu would be best, but you should really only use it for non-update queries, unless you are very certain of what you are doing.

I use the open source DB Browser for SQLite ... get the 32 bit version, because that version can load the SQLite3MMExt.dll that MiPi has hidden in the MM web site somewhere ... the dll supplies the IUNICODE collation that the Devs have baked into MediaMonkey database.

Using the MM5 addon mentioned above handles the IUNICIDE issue without you having to do anything, but has no UI to speak of. ... DB Browser for SQLite has a more functional UI for table browsing and filtering, and database structure browsing. etc
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »