Ripped CDs are Not Displayed in My Music File

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Markum

Ripped CDs are Not Displayed in My Music File

Post by Markum »

When I rip a CD using MM5, the destination for storing the files appears to be C:\My Music\ artist\etc. This would seem to be where I want it, but, I can't see this newly ripped music in My Music file on the C drive. I have enabled view hidden files. I can conduct a search of the C drive and find the newly ripped album, but it still isn't viewable in My Music.
I want all of my library visible there in My Music, because I often copy albums to a thumb drive for use in the car.
Thanks for any help,
Lowlander

Re: Ripped CDs are Not Displayed in My Music File

Post by Lowlander »

Does your MediaMonkey Library have the Ripped files? If so, you can check the Path in MediaMonkey for the Ripped files to confirm where they are actually stored.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Markum wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:20 pm When I rip a CD using MM5, the destination for storing the files appears to be C:\My Music\ artist\etc. This would seem to be where I want it, but, I can't see this newly ripped music in My Music file on the C drive.
Hi Markum,

Am not sure if LowLander has already answered what you were actually asking.

Microsoft call folders like My Music "Special Folders" ... it is a abstract well known name, to give you access to wherever the actual folder is , (ie. not the name of an actual physical folder). The intention is to make things easier for users, but it doesn't always work that way :)

See the link I quoted above ... or:
  • use Windows Explorer to open My Music
  • right click inside that folder, and take option Properties
  • a panel will open which displays the physical location in your computer setup
Then get MM5 to rip that location.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Mike Markum

Post by Mike Markum »

Thank you to Lowlander and Barry4679.
I will try your suggestions. And yes, MM% does show that all of my ripped CDs are at c:\music.
Mike Markum

Post by Mike Markum »

Barry4679, your information has allowed me to find those directories in Windows. Thank you! My goal was to be able to transfer my music files to a thumb drive for use in the car. At least I know where MM% was storing the files, and I will be able to do change the setting and have my collection all in one place, like I want it.

Thanks!

Mike