Album Art Tune Up

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

kmayer

Album Art Tune Up

Post by kmayer »

Hi,

I'm just starting to use media monkey, and thought this would be a good time to update album art. Right now, all my albums are in flac format in their own folder. Most of the albums have artwork around 700 x 700 imbedded, and then there also two or three jpgs of much smaller size. 75x75 and maybe 200x200 or so. I'm wanting to try to find album art around 1250 x 1250 or maybe 1500 x 1500 as that seems more realistic for today. I'm doing this via edit properties / artwork then looking up image and clicking apply to all selected and apply to all files in the album. I'm also deleting all the old images. Is that a good way to do this? Any tips or plugins i should know about? Thanks a bunch,

Kevin.
rusty

Re: Album Art Tune Up

Post by rusty »

That's the right way to do it.

We're planning on improving the album art lookup functionality to allow users to choose the preferred album art size when auto-tagging (which allow you to automate this process), but that's for a future version.

-Rusty
kmayer

Post by kmayer »

Thanks Rusty. That is great to know. I've only had MM for a few days, but I'm impressed with the community here and the fact that you're engaged too. I'll be upgrading to gold shortly. Just want to get my legs under me first.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Be careful with going too large with your album art size as opening it in MM can fill your screen if it's too large.
I actually find 700 x 700 to be a good size even on a large monitor. 1000 x 1000 would be maximum, I reckon.

Before you go changing all your album art sizes, try the size that you're planning on using in MM first. See how much screen it takes up when opened, then make your final size decision then.
kmayer

Post by kmayer »

Thanks dypsis. I'll be sending these to my iphone as well but I suspect it will just scale them down.