iPhone Synch [#15575]

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

kmayer

iPhone Synch [#15575]

Post by kmayer »

Hi. I just downloaded media monkey and trying to figure out if it will work for me. Is there a way to synch my music to my iphone 12 without installing iTunes 64 bit desktop? That software crashes my system and is buggy as all heck. Thanks so much.

Kevin
Lowlander

Re: iPhone Synch

Post by Lowlander »

You need certain components from iTunes, but you don't need to install the full software: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Pod.2FiPad
kmayer

Post by kmayer »

Thanks. So installing / buying Copy Trans will do the trick?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, it should work.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

See this article : https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ut-itunes/

Currently only the ''AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi" should be needed to install. Alternativelly installing software like iMazing also works as iMazing automatically offers you to install just the 'AppleMobileDeviceSupport" without iTunes once it detects that it is not installed already.
kmayer

Post by kmayer »

Thanks Lowlander and ludek! Is imazing felt to be a better way to go than copytrans?
rusty

Post by rusty »

We don't officially support or regularly test with either of them, so make sure to test them out beforehand.

-Rusty
kmayer

Post by kmayer »

Thanks Rusty. With iTunes being on its last wobbly legs, it feels like a solution for synching iPhone to PC is important. What are folks doing currently? I’m guessing installing the old 64 bit desktop version of iTunes and synching that way? Do you have any thoughts on moving forward? It looks to me like copytrans and imazing install the same old iTunes components that are contained in the desktop version. May need to go with something like VOX that synchs without the need for iTunes. Loving MM so far but so much to learn. Would be great if there was a good getting started video.
rusty

Post by rusty »

kmayer wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:52 am Would be great if there was a good getting started video.
It's on our todo list. Thanks!

-Rusty
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

kmayer wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:52 am Do you have any thoughts on moving forward? It looks to me like copytrans and imazing install the same old iTunes components that are contained in the desktop version. May need to go with something like VOX that synchs without the need for iTunes.
Yes, both iMazing and CopyTrans installs the same "Apple Mobile Device Support" component (of the iTunes Desktop installer).
Having own music app available for iOS (like VOX has) would be the way to go if Apple decides stop distributing this component for Windows. This is also on our to-do as issue #15575
kmayer

Post by kmayer »

Thanks. I think I have found a great solution using Flacbox. I will report back in a few days as it might help others.