Can't uninstall MM4 - "unins000.dat does not exist"

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

MM3 monkey

Can't uninstall MM4 - "unins000.dat does not exist"

Post by MM3 monkey »

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall MM4 please?

I am trying to do a completely fresh install of MM5; I don't need to keep anything at all from MM4.

I've installed MM5 but I get this error when I try to uninstall MM4: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\unins000.dat does not exist. Cannot uninstall."

Also, if I do manage to uninstall MM4, which folders/files can I delete to get rid of all lingering MM4 remnants without affecting the clean install of MM5. I haven't imported any audio/video files into MM5 yet.

Thanks.
MMW 4.1.9.1764|MMA 1.1.3.0482|Android 5.0|Win 8.1 64 bit
Lowlander

Re: Can't uninstall MM4 - "unins000.dat does not exist"

Post by Lowlander »

You could install MediaMonkey 4 to get missing parts back. Full uninstall is explained here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... diamonkey/
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Lowlander wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:45 pm You could install MediaMonkey 4 to get missing parts back. Full uninstall is explained here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... diamonkey/
Ha. Just replied to you in another thread (look for the word "prolifically") and what I wrote just became even more true.

Thank you! I'll give it all a go.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Success. Thanks again, Lowlander.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

MM3 monkey wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:43 pm Also, if I do manage to uninstall MM4, which folders/files can I delete to get rid of all lingering MM4 remnants without affecting the clean install of MM5. I haven't imported any audio/video files into MM5 yet.
After you're finished importing your database and setting to MM5, and everything works, if you do want to clear out your MM4 database/settings you can go to:

%appdata%/MediaMonkey

MediaMonkey 5 uses a different folder for its database and settings (%appdata%/MediaMonkey5).

But just to be safe, I'd recommend zipping it up into a backup folder before deleting the contents of that folder. Better to be cautious when dealing with your database, especially if you've been using MediaMonkey since 2007 (as I see that's when you joined the forum) :wink:
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Thanks. You're totally right, and I knew that. I'm starting from scratch though.

I had a big hiatus from organising my music and I think all I really need is the tags/metadata in the files which should be fine.

I've got an old MM.db so I should be OK.

What you said needed saying though so I appreciate it and any other people who don't realise what you said should take note.
drakinite wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:24 pm
MM3 monkey wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:43 pm Also, if I do manage to uninstall MM4, which folders/files can I delete to get rid of all lingering MM4 remnants without affecting the clean install of MM5. I haven't imported any audio/video files into MM5 yet.
After you're finished importing your database and setting to MM5, and everything works, if you do want to clear out your MM4 database/settings you can go to:

%appdata%/MediaMonkey

MediaMonkey 5 uses a different folder for its database and settings (%appdata%/MediaMonkey5).

But just to be safe, I'd recommend zipping it up into a backup folder before deleting the contents of that folder. Better to be cautious when dealing with your database, especially if you've been using MediaMonkey since 2007 (as I see that's when you joined the forum) :wink: