Blinking Popup on Upper Left Corner?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Zonky

Blinking Popup on Upper Left Corner?

Post by Zonky »

Hi!

Using MM5 5.0.0.2338, I'm seeing a blinking small popup on the upper right side with a button to maximize and minimize (a window). Is this by intention?

I guess not because it has no relation to any open panel, IMO and it start blinking when moving the mouse, see my short video here https://streamable.com/g98b1k.

Btw - it is still extremly difficult to request support or help if one couldn't upload any image or video to this forum!
Lowlander

Re: Blinking Popup on Upper Left Corner?

Post by Lowlander »

Is this still the case after you restart MediaMonkey? If not, do you know which steps cause it to return?
rusty

Post by rusty »

Yeah--definitely not intended. That overlay should normally appear when playing a video or visualization, either:
- in the Preview window (to Maximize or Switch to full screen)
- when video/vis is playing maximized (to minimize to Preview or Switch to full screen)
- when video/vis is playing full screen (to switch to Preview or Maximized)

Hoping that restarting solves this, but really interested if you know how to replicate...

-Rusty
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Zonky wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:30 pm Btw - it is still extremly difficult to request support or help if one couldn't upload any image or video to this forum!
Sorry about the trouble; the primary reason images can't be attached directly is that it would lead to taking up an immense amount of storage space. I'd recommend uploading images to external sites such as Imgur; and your video link to Streamable worked great.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.