MM5 Bit Depth

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Pengi

MM5 Bit Depth

Post by Pengi »

When I upgraded to MM5 (which I'm loving) and it ported over songs from my MM4 instance, It seems to have not calculated, or added the bit depth to those tracks. For anything new I've added directly to MM5, the bit depth is automatically added. Is there a way to have this calculated?
drakinite

Re: MM5 Bit Depth

Post by drakinite »

Hmm. Have you tried rescanning your library? Go to File > Add/Rescan files to the Library (or press Insert), and click Scan Now.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Pengi

Post by Pengi »

Thanks, either that or rebuilding the database seemed to have worked.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I don't see "bit depth" anywhere in MM4.
I see only 'Sample rate' and 'Bitrate', though in MM5 there is 'Bit depth' in Properties > Details for WAV files, so this is probably what you are referring ?
jamdav91

Post by jamdav91 »

Same problem, rebuilding the database did nothing but rescanning added bit depth info to about 1300 of the 94000 or so tracks I have. Bit depth wasn't in MM4, but MM5 now shows it in Proerties > Details and its own column.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Note that not all formats support Bit information, for those that do not support it is not shown.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts