SD Card disconnected after installing updated WiFi drivers

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

cbeschler

SD Card disconnected after installing updated WiFi drivers

Post by cbeschler »

I am a lifetime MM Gold user and love this app. I use WiFi sync exclusively. However, after updating the WiFi drivers on my desktop, the WiFi sync stopped working. MM5 shows my SD card, but says it is disconnected. My library [Sync server: MediaMonkey Library (CHRIS_PC)] still shows in MMA under "Options>WiFi Sync>Select sync server" but it isn't recognized when I touch UPnP in MMA. Any advice as to how to reconnect the disconnected SD card?
Lowlander

Re: SD Card disconnected after installing updated WiFi drivers

Post by Lowlander »

MM5 only shows USB connected devices. Wifi Sync is run from MMA, not from MM5.

Server inaccessible: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ccessible/

Make sure that both devices are on the same network (that allows devices to see each other) and that the Firewall on the PC still allows MediaMonkey through.
rusty

Re: SD Card disconnected after installing updated WiFi drivers

Post by rusty »

If MMA can browse content via UPnP, and considering that the 'Disconnected' status is meaningless when it comes to Wi-Fi sync, this might be a non-issue. What happens when you go to MMA > Options > Sync Settings:<DeviceName> > Configure ? If you get a message that the server is unavailable, then you may just need to use MMA > Options > Wi-Fi Sync > Select Sync Server (my hunch is that the driver update may have changed your network config slightly and so the sync server's configs need to be reset).

Also, thanks for the feedback about the status being confusing--we've added a new issue to track this at:
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17789

-Rusty