Easily differntiate already tagged music from new untagged additions

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Musicjet13

Easily differntiate already tagged music from new untagged additions

Post by Musicjet13 »

Hi all is there an easy way to differentiate alreay tagged music from new music added and untagged as yet?
Peke

Re: Easily differntiate already tagged music from new untagged additions

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You can use Files to Edit Tree sub nodes to filter non tagged files or files missing tags or duplicate files, ... but directly it is not being able to differentiate/separate fully tagged files with correct Metadata and those that are not. Maybe you can try to combine Added date and file Modified date (default is that Tagging files update also file date so that other apps are notified about change), but otherwise not.

Personally and many of our users use staging folder/subfolder where it full finish work on Files metadata and then simply with few clicks Au-Organize then to their archives. I have RIP folder on local HDD and Archive folder on NAS to keep all files there in specific structure. This way I monitor folder with 2-5k of tracks and my archive with 200k of tracks collected over the 30 years is safe on NAS and always ready to play.

This keeps MM clean and snappy as it was only 5k of tracks.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Re: Easily differntiate already tagged music from new untagged additions

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey doesn't keep track of which files it has tagged. When you tag the Timestamp is modified so that may be of use to you.

I personally keep to tag files stored separate from tagged files, thus know which files need tagging based on location.