[SOLVED] MM can't access internet except it can

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

manalive

[SOLVED] MM can't access internet except it can

Post by manalive »

I just set up a new MM server and finished rescanning everything in and found that MM can't reach the internet. Examples of things I can do:

- Check for updates ("There is a problem with your internet connection")
- Update podcasts
- Download podcasts
- Searching for Artwork
- Send errors

What's weird is that the browser inside of MM works (Web node). Every other app on the system can use the internet. There are no visible network problems. My firewalls are disabled. MM can see network drives just fine. I was even able to add Google Drive as a service while troubleshooting.

What could the problem be?
Ludek

Re: 2316 | MM can't access internet except it can

Post by Ludek »

Hard to guess without seeing debug log (item 4b here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 ), some questions:

1) did you have some proxy settings in MM4 and you imported the settings to MM5 ?
2) what do you mean by "set up a new MM server", can you elaborate?
3) is this problem new or it was always an issue for you in MM5 ?
manalive

Post by manalive »

Thank you for your reply.

1) No proxy in either case.
2) It's not really a server. I don't have a server OS or MediaMonkey Server installed I just use it as a media server. Just Windows 10 (20H2) Enterprise VM running in bhyve.
3) It's a new problem. I have been using MM5 for ~2 years on another system. I did a clean install on this new system, imported the old database then fixed the filepaths with the "Locate moved/missing files" feature.

One further thing I _can_ do is mobile sync with MMA.

Here is the debug log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfjknsx3k3jck ... 5.LOG?dl=0

It is the result of
- Opening MM with only the Web node open (which works fine)
- Checking for updates
- Updating a podcast
- Looking up album art
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thanks, in the debug log I see "No internet connection" exception while performing request through our Indy library.
Seeing this first time that "No internet connection" would be thrown when there is a connection actually.

After further analyzing I see that InternetGetConnectedState in wininet.dll falsely return ''false' for some reason.
More specificaly it is this function of winapi: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... ectedstate

From the description I see that when InternetGetConnectedState returns FALSE, the application can call GetLastError to retrieve the error code.
I will enahnce the logging for the next build to see GetLastError , but it is by evidence a problem in your system that this winapi founction does not return correct result.

EDIT: Seeing that using this API is no longer recommended, we should use the INetworkListManager::GetConnectivity method instead.
Entered as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17652
manalive

Post by manalive »

Excellent, thanks!
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Can you please confirm that the issue is resolved for you in build 2325 ?
manalive

Post by manalive »

Sorry, I missed the last reply. Yes this is resolved.