MMW5 always freezes

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

frank1969a

MMW5 always freezes

Post by frank1969a »

MM5 (Windows 10, 64bit) 5.0.0.2316 always freezes after updating the database.
No i tried to optimize database - it also freezes saying
"Task queue deadlock detected D:\Delphi\MediaMonkeyClean\HTML5Monkey\Workers.pas,line831)
at ArtistAlbums.updateView
(file:////controls/artistAlbums.js:202:44)
at ArtistAlbums.set (file:////controls/artistAlbums.js:637:22)
.... and so on.

After restarting in safe mode gives out the same issue.

Error is reproducable.
Lowlander

Re: MMW5 always freezes

Post by Lowlander »

We're unable to replicate this.

Can you please capture this in a full debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

You may also want to offer the database via a fileshare link.

Thanks!
frank1969a

Post by frank1969a »

I tried - but by chosing (after restarting MMW5) => Debug => Send logs - nothing happens...

(btw: My system is running fine, I am/was running MMW4 for a while and running LMS without any system problems...)
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please open support ticket so that we can dig deeper in details of your system and error you are getting?

I wonder can you please as a temp test install latest MM5 viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d as portable (Select it during installation) and see if MM5 crashes the same? (to uninstall portable version you just delete folder.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

frank1969a wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:28 pm I tried - but by chosing (after restarting MMW5) => Debug => Send logs - nothing happens...
Re. the logs, please try as per step 4b) in the link that lowlander provided (i.e. not via Help > Debug, but rather by running dbgview, then running MM and replicating the bug). With that info, we should be able to get to the root of the problem.

EDIT: or if you don't mind, could you just share a copy of your MM4 database with us?

Thanks!

-Rusty
frank1969a

Post by frank1969a »

Thanks for Your help.
OK, I misunderstood, I did a log with DebugView but thought I was to send the log by MMW itself. Just now I'm producing a new log and attach it to a ticket.

On the other hand:
I meanwhile did the portable MMW5 install and scanned my whole library (took a while, it's about 1.000 k files) - works!

So there's maybe an "error" in my old MMW5 database (it's grown over the years and migrated from MMW4).
My idea is first to copy the "portable db" in my "regular installation" and to see, if the problem's gone.

What files do I have to copy?
I see I should have to move the
C:\MediaMonkey 5\Portable\MM5.DB => C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey5\MM5.DB

What other files do I need to copy / move?
What about the "MediaMonkey.ini" and the "MediaMonkey.registry" (I don't see a "MediaMonkey.registry" in my standard installation).

After that I will see if the problem's gone or a support ticket is needed.

Thanks for Your support
Frank
Last edited by frank1969a on Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
1. If it is possible please backup your MM5.DB from regular version before you overwrite it with one from portable, as we would like to analyze it? (You can compress it and share download link from dropbox, One Drive, google drive, ... to a ticket for us to analyze)
1a. It would be great if you can also backup your MM.DB from ""%appdata%\MediaMonkey" (Copy/Paste to address bar of File explorer) so that we can check what happened during migration to MM5 library and send us along with MM5.DB

2. There is no need for moving INI and Registry files to normal version as they are setup for that portable install.

Finally, let us know here or in ticket how things went.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts