[solved] Missing options (Playing, user action bars)

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Timo_Beil

[solved] Missing options (Playing, user action bars)

Post by Timo_Beil »

Thanks a lot for your work in preparing MM for the future (and other platforms).
MMW5 is notably faster, but I'm missing some features (hidden?).
The links in the main list are gone (Options>Library>Apearance). One of the highlights in MM4 when search is set to "Library".
OK, I think chromium doesn't allow such "gimmicks".
A)
Because shortkeys for that action are not selectable, I looked for additional action bars... and found nothing.
Rightclick (huge contextmenu) find more from the same (large context) artist/album whatever I want. That's NOT faster.
B)
During organizing the archive, I need all space on the screen for the most important columns.
What's about showing the Rating as a single number? (option). You shurely dont't think, that is useful to show the BPM as single beat icons in a column. Why do I have to waste the space of 11 characters to show ONE information. A number between nothing and 5? (Stone age people are counting this way, one mammoth = one finger)
Thanks... in the player, I can hide the stars (but the title stays as tiny as it was)
C)
The matter is brought to the head in the "Playing" list.
Is there really no chance to select the columns?
Nice: a click on the headline brings the content to the main list. THERE I can select the columns, yeah! thats fine... oh,sorry, back to "Playing" nothing has changed.
I don't need the space consuming rating stars at all, specially not in "Playing".
When this list ist more narrow than 1/3 of the screen, I only see 1/2 of the entries, because the list takes 2 lines for each entry. (basically a nice behavior, but only in combination with selectable columns )
D)
You'd reanimated "Focus tracklist on currently playing item". That's fine. Yes, the item gets the focus..... it was highlighted somewhere in the depth of the list. The cursor keys can help, to bring the item to the visible part of the list, if you know that trick.

I hope, I'm only a little too stupid to find the right way to work with MMW5, and you have some advices that can help me.

Thanks
Timo
Last edited by Timo_Beil on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
MM 2024.0.0.3005-port-DE, Win 11 pro, I7-6700, 16GB RAM, DB & Media>TrueNAS
Lowlander

Re: Missing options (Playing, user action bars)

Post by Lowlander »

A) This is now available through an Addon: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... how-links/

C) No, this is not user configurable. The workaround is using the Playing node in the Media Tree.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

D) Has been already fixed in 2311 (issue https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17545 ) , so will be in the upcoming build 2314
Timo_Beil

Post by Timo_Beil »

Great!
the plugin for A) brings back a great feature to MMW5.

C) I can not see the Playing node as a workaroud.
My process in combining tracks in a list is to search them in in the Archive node an drag them to the suitable place in the Playing list.
That doesn't work from the Playing node.

EDIT: OK, may work this way:
Select track in Archive, Copy to clipboard, switch to Playing node, select track to paste clipboard before that, switch back to archive.

Another idea to bypass the inflexibility of Playing list would be, using two instances or dragging the Playing list to a second screen.
But that doesn't work either.
Lowlander

Re: [solved] Missing options (Playing, user action bars)

Post by Lowlander »

C) You can still Drag & Drop to the Playing window, even if the columns are not configurable. You can also Drag & Drop files onto another tab with the Playing node open.

And if it is Playlists you're after you can create a Playlist, Edit the Playlist and it opens in a panel that remains visible while browsing around your Library: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... a_Playlist
Timo_Beil

Re: [solved] Missing options (Playing, user action bars)

Post by Timo_Beil »

Lowlander wrote
You can also Drag & Drop files onto another tab with the Playing node
Thats a way, I'll do it in the future when only one screen is attached. Thanks!

(with two screens, I'm waiting for the drag&drop feature between two instances)