Change Licence for MM4 & 5

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

monkeyfan1970

Change Licence for MM4 & 5

Post by monkeyfan1970 »

Hello,

I would like to know, how can I delete/change my existing license and enter a new license?

Thank you.
Ludek

Re: Change Licence for MM4 & 5

Post by Ludek »

Do you mean in MM4 or MM5 ?
Portable version or standard version?
Why do you need to replace the licence?
monkeyfan1970

Post by monkeyfan1970 »

Ludek wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:33 am Do you mean in MM4 or MM5 ?
Yeap. For both in MM4 and MM5.
Standard Version.
I decided to change to another one. Due to couple of reason. One being name change. Hence, I recently got a new life time licence.
How can I do it while keeping all my existing settings. It is done via registry?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, for standard version you can clean the registry values.
i.e. run regedit
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MediaMonkey
and clean Username and Password values
Glenn62

Post by Glenn62 »

monkeyfan1970 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:18 pm
Ludek wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:33 am Do you mean in MM4 or MM5 ?
Yeap. For both in MM4 and MM5.
Standard Version.
I decided to change to another one. Due to couple of reason. One being name change. Hence, I recently got a new life time licence.
How can I do it while keeping all my existing settings. It is done via registry?
?????? Lifetime means just that. The only thing that matters is that they allow you access to the app...all that registry stuff is nonsense. All upgraded apps hook onto prior settings...do not require much of anything unless it is MONEY to pay them!
rusty

Post by rusty »

Glenn,

MediaMonkey has two kinds of licenses: x.x and lifetime:
- An x.x license is cheaper and provides upgrades for the current release. e.g. a MediaMonkey 4.x license purchased in 2011 has received upgrades to every MediaMonkey 4.x release through today, but it won't receive upgrades to MediaMonkey 5.x. [EDIT: Similarly a 5.x Gold license purchased today will include updates to 5.0.1, 5.1.x, 5.2.x, etc. but not 6.x].
- A Lifetime license costs more, but provides upgrades to _all_ future releases. e.g. MM 4.x, 5.x, 6.x.

The issue that was raised was about how to re-enter a license if a valid one already exists.

-Rusty
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

rusty wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:49 pm Glenn,

MediaMonkey has two kinds of licenses: x.x and lifetime:
- An x.x license is cheaper and provides upgrades for the current release. e.g. a MediaMonkey 4.x license purchased in 2011 has received upgrades to every MediaMonkey 4.x release through today, but it won't receive upgrades to MediaMonkey 5.x.
- A Lifetime license costs more, but provides upgrades to _all_ future releases. e.g. MM 4.x, 5.x, 6.x.

The issue that was raised was about how to re-enter a license if a valid one already exists.

-Rusty
Well, that confused me also.

I recently purchased MM5 licenses using the 'THANKS-MM5-BETATESTERS' code posted on the releases thread.
I thought it was lifetime, but after reading that, I guess it's not. 😕

Can I upgrade it?

It says "Lifetime" here. This is where I purchased it from.

Edit:
After visiting the MyCommerce site a few times, It think there is a problem with it.
It doesn't always load the same way, especially in Firefox.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

I think you got the right one. In MediaMonkey, click Help > About, and at the top, it'll show you details about the license you have: "MediaMonkey Gold (<type>) to <your name>"

I think perhaps your confusion was in reference to Rusty saying 4.x/5.x licenses are cheaper?
The coupon code was just a coupon code for a discount; it didn't automatically downgrade the license you bought. :slight_smile:
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.