Play Now headers and Microplayer Horror!

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Glenn62

Re: Play Now headers and Microplayer Horror!

Post by Glenn62 »

Barry4679 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:12 am
Glenn62 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:55 pm I don't hang out on forums for entertainment.
OK, but you have made your point multiple times, and are getting aggressive. ... It starting to look like you are getting "entertainment"
It seems inevitable that someone is going to start deleting posts, or banning you, if you continue this way.

Nobody who matters, in a decision making sense, has responded since it become clear exactly what your issue is.
You should wait until they respond.

You should also know that the MM5 beta has been running for 3 or 4 years.
Release in immanent.
It is unlikely that they will be able to make any significant structural change at this point, even if they did agree with your point.

My initial response to many of the MM5 changes was pretty much the same as yours. It is annoying to be disorientated within a familiar tool.
I have moderated my view on many of the sticking issues as I learnt MM5, and got to understand the advantages.
On a few other points I am still unhappy, but my overall feeling is that on-the-whole MM5 is a significant improvement. ... You essentially said the same thing in your 1st sentence in this thread.

I am hopeful that the last few points will get tidied up for version 5.1, after they get a bit more feedback like yours, and they find that not every new idea was a good one.

Re click Art to play.

They have largely used the "click" action to drill down for more information.
Which is an improvement IMO. ... A big long Media Tree was a crappy way of navigating IMO.

I think that you will get the play action that you are wanting, if your switch from "click" ==> alt&Enter key
I don't care what you think. I am here to criticize the development of this app and it's lunatic changes that add nothing. Yes, i am aggressive. I am also short of patience for companies that kill their own apps and fanboys that tell to smooth out. Listen up MATE...if you do not have any solutions to the dozen problems i have noted, just go away and start your own thread. I have had answers from ADMIN that are nonsense and now you, which are nonsense. In the end, if they want to LOSE CUSTOMERS...that is their stupid plan. I am asking legit questions, have legit problems with stupid changes and now YOU!
Glenn62

Post by Glenn62 »

"OK, but you have made your point multiple times, and are getting aggressive. ... It starting to look like you are getting "entertainment"
It seems inevitable that someone is going to start deleting posts, or banning you, if you continue this way."

What purpose is this comment? I meant WEB SITEs...PLURAL. That means i do not hang for entertainment purposes in other sites and certainly haven't waited for your comments for entertainment sakes. YOU HAVENT SOLVED ANYTHING. Okay. I reverted back to 4 and hope to make folks see dumb changes are not good. I have no compulsion to wrangle Aussies who do not like my thread.
Last edited by Glenn62 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glenn62

Post by Glenn62 »

SEE THIS? This is a new purchase...all on my HDD...Deftones...track 7...WHERE IS IT!?!? It disappeared!? WHY? Why would anyone keep a music library/player app that cannot track music tracks!?

I am not stupid nor do i engage in aggressive fronts for entertainment sakes. I have 500 gigs of purchased ripped 320 MP3s starting in 1983, 700 Classical CDs, loads of Metal, Classic Rock and am a lifelong guitarist, Pro and AM...i depend on a stable MP3 environment and do not like dubious changes explained off by nonsense.
Glenn62

Post by Glenn62 »

drakinite wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:23 am I most certainly did read the thread. And you're acting very angry about something very minor.
When you have 500g of music, backed up on 3 drives, listen to it daily, have PLAY functions that disappear, cannot add to playing by clicking, see a new version that is shit and does away with all the things you depend upon for 6plus years, have missing tracks, grayed out tracks, tracks that WILL NOT BE SEEN by player over and over...open your app which forgets how to collate that column, Microplayers that look like crap, stop working, LOSING tracks completely...like GONE, an app that reverts to start if you change data instead of where you are before, that does not collate properly...IT IS NOT MINOR and thank you for the comments, go away!
Duke999R

Post by Duke999R »

Hmmm this was a very angry, sarcastic post, that I now regret, so I edited it.

Warm regards,

yet ANOTHER uppity Aussie.
Riding the bleeding edge. :o