All Popup Windows Are Too Small

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

wallyp

All Popup Windows Are Too Small

Post by wallyp »

I am very new to MMW5, so I may just be missing something...

Every popup window is too small to be usable. The text lines are only three or four words long at most. There appears to be buttons at the bottom, but only the very tops of the buttons show, and only the left-most button looks to be normal width - the right button top is very short.

I haven't been able to find any way to change the size of the popup windows.
Wally
Lowlander

Re: All Popup Windows Are Too Small

Post by Lowlander »

Could you post a screenshot: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97733

You could try renaming persistent.json to persistent.json.old: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... interface/
Does that resolve the problem?

Also which build are you experiencing this with?
wallyp

Post by wallyp »

Hopefully, this will show the truncated drop-down menu.
Well, that didn't work - after I had jumped thru a lot of hoops, following the instructions in your link on "Forum rules...".
When I previewed the post, I was told "You can't post image, email or url links that are external to this domain. Please remove "the long link from ibb"

I shut down MM5, then finally found the persistent.json and renamed it to persisten.json.old. I restarted MM5 - no difference.

I am running MM5.0.0.2293
Wally
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can post the link with spaces: http:// ibb. com/fh7734f784: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=97733
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I also have no idea which popups do you mean, do you mean popups when expanding e.g. album in the grid like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/15i7jb3xmk689 ... 5.png?dl=0 ?

I think the screenshot will be needed to clarify.

Thanks!
wallyp

Post by wallyp »

I obviously need to clarify the problem...

- Drop-down menus are truncated on the right side. (first screenshot)
- Popup windows are truncated on the right side and on the bottom (second screenshot)

This makes usage pretty difficult, so any suggestions will be appreciated!

Wally
Wally
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Do you still see this on build 2304: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d

Did you change DPI or text size (https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... g_the_Skin) in Windows?
wallyp

Post by wallyp »

I looked at the link - but I'm not sure what I was supposed to see. I read thru the changelog, but didn't see anything referring to my problem. Are you saying that I should go all the way back and try that version??

Nope - no changes to any scaling.
Wally
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You posted that you're using build 2293. Build 2304 is a newer release.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I still cannot see the wallyp's screenshots, it shows like this for me:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8q5qdzvrcbssv ... 3.png?dl=0
and there is no screenshot after clicking the links :-/

EDIT: OK, I am able to see them in Firefox, not in Chrome.
We will definetely need to update our "how to attach an image" ;-)

EDIT2: OK, it was additional space added between extension and filename, corrected.
i.e. https://i.ibb.co/mSsXGRQ/mm5-1. png does not work while https://i.ibb.co/mSsXGRQ/mm5-1.png works

Anyhow, update to the newest build 2304 and report back whether you are still seeing the issue?
Last edited by Ludek on Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

wallyp wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm I read thru the changelog, but didn't see anything referring to my problem.
The issue you are referring to is a known issue, and it's been ironed out with more recent builds. If it's still present when you update to build 2304, please show us your monitor arrangement (Including text/interface scaling settings). It could be that there are still some monitor arrangements that break the popupmenus.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
wallyp

Post by wallyp »

I installed Build 2304 - no change.

I then made a serious attack on the scaling suggestion, trying changing the scaling, restarting MM5, etc. After at least six or eight different procedures with no result, I ran thru scaling changes while restarting windows. Hooray! After several tries, suddenly everything was perfect!

I greatly appreciate all of the suggestions. No idea whether or not my random struggles really helped anything or not, but the program now seems quicker, and things like album art are greatly improved, and, of course, the original problem is totally solved.

Thank you!
Wally
Wally
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Hooray, that's fantastic to hear!

Maybe the restart is what did it. Sometimes when you make changes to your scaling settings, programs don't properly respond to changes until you log out and back in, or restart. I'm also glad to know that it's not a reproducible problem with the current build, as that menu/window cutoff issue was very annoying ;)
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
wallyp

Post by wallyp »

Well, back to Square One.

It seems as if I can choose to have MM5 usable, and have the text on everything else on the system smaller than I want, or I can have the text the size that I want, and not be able to use MM5.

If the text is set in Windows 7 at 100%, MM5 is happy. If I change the text to 125%, which is what I have used for years (and what I want to use), the drop-down menus and the popup windows are truncated to the point of being unusable.

I am using an Acer 231H 23" with an Nvidia GeForce GT 610, at the native (and recommended) resolution of 1920X1080.

Any additional suggestion?

Thanks,
Wally
Wally
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi Wally,

I've tested this on Windows 10 and can't replicate the problem (we're no longer supporting Windows 7 since Microsoft stopped supporting it as of Jan 2020) :-(

If you experience the issue once you upgrade to Windows 10, let us know (btw, you can upgrade to Windows 10 at no cost--strongly recommended for security reasons).

-Rusty