Volume Control for Bose Speakers & Album Views

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

EMBBerwyn

Volume Control for Bose Speakers & Album Views

Post by EMBBerwyn »

First, Pavie, thank you for your prompt response. I downloaded and installed MediaMonkey 5. I did not see the Addon Red Devil skin but Monkey Groove’s contrast was very readable.

I cannot effectively control the volume on any of my 4 Bose devices (speakers/headphones), Bose Soundbar 700, Bose 500 Speaker, Base Sound Touch and Bose QuietComfort 35 II Headphone.
If the volume gauge is set to 0 there is no sound; however, if I slide the volume control to increase the volume the slightest the result is the same as if I slid the volume control to the loudest setting. I can go to device and manually reduce the volume but if I change MediaMonkey’s volume setting the volume becomes the loudest possible again. Is it possible to control the volume on Bose devices (speakers or headphones.) If so, I haven’t found that control.

The developers of MediaMonkey have expended considerable resources creating a myriad of windows to list and view artists, albums, tracks, etc.

Can Albums be listed by Album Title, Album Recording Artist, Date Genre, Rating, # Songs , etc. without the album cover, if not, why was this option considered and rejected.
Lowlander

Re: Volume Control for Bose Speakers & Album Views

Post by Lowlander »

EMBBerwyn wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:56 amCan Albums be listed by Album Title, Album Recording Artist, Date Genre, Rating, # Songs , etc. without the album cover, if not, why was this option considered and rejected.
Do you mean grouped like with List (by Album)? That's not possible.

As for Bose, do you have a chance to test this with any other non-Bose software/App? This is to verify that it can be done correctly with Bose devices and it's not a problem with the Bose implementation.
EMBBerwyn

Post by EMBBerwyn »

No, I mean a listing of albums, such as, shown below:

Album name #1, Album recording artist, genre, year
Album name #2, Album recording artist, genre, year
Album name #3, Album recording artist, genre, year
Album name #4, Album recording artist, genre, year
'
'
Album name #n, Album recording artist, genre, year

Yes, I tested playing a track on my Google Nest Hub Max and the volume control was satisfactory. As I understand the process I select a device to connect with a node on my Wi-Fi network to play sound on an external device. Once that connection is made, MediaMonkey sends a data stream (sounds) and control codes the determine the sounds and volume that I hear from the speaker.

Bose sound systems and speakers are one of the planet's most widely used sound systems and speakers so MediaMonkey developers must have written drivers to send the appropriate Bose control codes for volume, etc. to Bose devices. I don't know but I suspect the control codes for sound volume, etc. may the the same for almost all speakers and sound systems. Just like almost all printers use the same print codes for bold, underlining, font size, etc. If all 4 of my Bose devices have the same volume control problem what does that suggest?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's probably unlikely to be implemented as the Grid covers this scenario to some extend and it's likely a niche request.

Bose is famous for proprietary implementation. MediaMonkey uses industry standards and this works well with devices that have implemented correctly.
The team depends on users reporting issues with their devices as they can't test every device on the market. They'll need a debug log to see if this something they can fix or has to be fixed by Bose. The developers look at the log if you send one in.
EMBBerwyn

Post by EMBBerwyn »

Lowlander, thanks for your prompt reply.

Unfortunately, you have confirmed what I suspected that the problem was in the Bose device codes. Tell me how to create the log for sending data and MediaMonkey codes to Bose devices and I will sed you the log(s).

PS: Any suggestions for transferring the MMDB to an iPad?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Log: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

There is no method to transfer the MediaMonkey database to a device. However you can Sync your media files with devices: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Tracks/5.0