MMW5 Not reponding on Win10 after hibernation

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

paulonl

MMW5 Not reponding on Win10 after hibernation

Post by paulonl »

Hi,

I have MMW5 running without any problems and then put Win10 in hiberation. After the system resumes MMW5 is 'not responding' and needs to be forcefully stopped using Task Manager. After starting MMW5 again it's working properly.

Some of the files in the library are on a Synology NAS of which the hard drives may have gone into hibernation, i.e. it will take 30secs or so for them to start up. Perhaps this may be a cause of the non-responsiveness?

All other Win10 programs, Chrome, etc. are all functioning properly after the system resume. It's just MMW5 that is having problems coming back to a responsive operational state.

Any idea how to resolve this situation?

Thanks,
Paulo
Lowlander

Re: MMW5 Not reponding on Win10 after hibernation

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you using? Was MediaMonkey in playing state prior to hibernation?
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:31 am Which Build (Help > About) are you using? Was MediaMonkey in playing state prior to hibernation?
That's been a problem for several iterations. I did notice for 2511 it'll start working again (for me at least) after 30sec or so
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
paulonl

Post by paulonl »

Here's some more info. I'm now on Win11/MMW 5.0.2.2531 and the problem still occurs, although it seems a little less often.

I just had MMW5 hang again after a resume and when trying to kill it, the following error occured:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/trjgebd1lzsuf ... 1.png?dl=0

I do not have a D: drive and MMW5 is installed in 'C:\MediaMonkey 5'.

Apart from the MMW5 problem, Win11 Explorer also stalls quite frequently after a resume coming out of hibernation. After a few secs Windows however restarts Explorer and the Win Explorer stall situation is resolved.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Paulo
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup (although if other applications also have problems it may end up being a Windows issue).