Ratings on tags do not appear

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

stevegagne

Ratings on tags do not appear

Post by stevegagne »

I use Tag&Rename to tag my FLAC files, including the rating using ID3v2.3. The rating is appears in J. River Media Center but not by MM. Files where a rating has been added appear in MM with the five stars grayed-out. Files without a rating do not have these five grayed-out stars. I have set MM to use the ID3v2.3 tag. Is there something else I need to do to cause MM to list the rating?
I have nearly 10,000 files and most have ratings. I use the ratings for creating playlists. I don't want to have to go through the time-consuming effort of re-rating all of these files. Please help.
stevegagne

Re: Ratings on tags do not appear

Post by stevegagne »

As an experiment, I added ratings to all songs of an album in MM and then checked to see if the ratings appear in Tag&Rename and in J. River Media Center and they do not appear in either.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

ID3 is used for MP3, not for FLAC which has its own tagging standard. More on which tags are used by FLAC please refer to: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... erties/5.0
stevegagne

Post by stevegagne »

MM is able to read other information on the ID3 tag. The only information that it is not picking up is the rating. Why is MM able to read all ID3 tag information (at least all that I have entered) except for the rating? J. River Media Center is able to read all ID3 information off of the FLAC file, including rating. Why can't MM?