Japanese Charachters

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Gordon Moir

Japanese Charachters

Post by Gordon Moir »

Hi There,

upgraded to MM5, in MM4 a few of my albums (as i live in Japan) have Japanese text.
After the upgrade, they are now converted to unreadable symbols.
my win 10 PC displays English and Japanese text and if i directly look at the file not through MM, it is still correct.

Some simple setting in MM5 I am sure, but cant work it out.
screen shot below
https://ibb.co/W6BtLS3

Thanks
Lowlander

Re: Japanese Charachters

Post by Lowlander »

What locale is Windows set to?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
can you please try whether it is still an issue with the latest beta 5.0.2.2516 : viewtopic.php?p=489832#p489832
and if yes, then open eSupport ticket and share a sample file with us for analyzing?

BTW: If you copy the files to another folder and import it to MM5 via menu file > Add/Rescan .. are the characters also broken or it happens just for files imported from MM4 database?
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Might also be worth checking the skin. If it's an issue with fonts, try switching skins and seeing if that changes things.
Also: if you attempt to edit the track titles, and copy the characters into a different text editor that you know works, do the characters show up correctly when you paste them?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.