Can you split MMW over 2 phones?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Springsteenfan

Can you split MMW over 2 phones?

Post by Springsteenfan »

I currently have all my music on one phone. But I am now wanting to split them over two phones. Is there a way with MMW to do this, or will I need to use a different MP3 player to do this?
Lowlander

Re: Can you split MMW over 2 phones?

Post by Lowlander »

You can Sync to any number of devices: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Tracks/5.0

If you're trying to Sync different files to the 2 different devices it's a little more complicated. You could do this with the Sync state Criteria in AutoPlaylists. The second device would need to use an AutoPlaylist to define what's Synced to it with the Sync state Criteria set to isn't synced to device 1.
Springsteenfan

Post by Springsteenfan »

Yes, that's what I want to do split my music over two phones. Bruce Springsteen to one phone; everything else to the rest. It sounds complicated. Going to be fun to try and figure it out.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Actually it is easy:
PHONE 1: Connect it with USB -> Open Profile -> Disable All Nusic and it will allow you to select Bruce Springsteen under artist on the right -> Sync
PHONE 2: Connect it with USB -> Open Profile -> Disable All Music and it will allow you to select Artist -> Select root artist -> Expand list of Artists -> Disable Bruce Springsteen under artist on the right -> Sync

Now you can play with other options ;)
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts