New Forum/Board for Advanced Setup for High Quality Audio

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

GMGJ

New Forum/Board for Advanced Setup for High Quality Audio

Post by GMGJ »

I have been using a Windows 7 machine as a HTPC (Windows Media Center) and MM 4 for Music. When I updated to a new Smart TV, I had quite a shock as I was use to the Home Theater Receiver being the input switcher. Now I face the task of replacing the HTPC. There a ton of options for MM, a media server etc. When I configure a new component, I usually try and make sure it plays REALLY HIGH Quality audio and that it does not overload the network. I have a Netgear 8 port switch hard wired to a Linksys router. Can we get a new forum or whatever you call it to share information about hardware and operating system configurations we could use? The options for the Home network and playing music with the monkey need to shared and the pros and cons could be discussed. Ideally I would configure my home network so that I can watch Streaming TV like Neftlix, play music and have someone attending a ZOOM meeting at the same time. Here is an example of what I wrote up when I got my smart TV. The Smart TV guys talk about the 'smart share" for audio files. There stuff does not compare to the monkey. https://garyjohnson53.wordpress.com/202 ... -tx-rz920/ Now I need something for the home network. Take this as an example, https://homenetworkgeek.com/how-to-setu ... e-network/ and expand it to include configurations that support the monkey and high quality and high performance with no network congestion
Peke

Re: New Forum/Board for Advanced Setup for High Quality Audio

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Unfortunately you gave bunch of general information on setup. May I suggest that you open Support ticket where we can go thru more private stuff like exact makes and models of routers, your LAN topography, what you want to archive and how you should set it up?

I hope we can make some arrangement and later we can publish finding and share experience on solution.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
GMGJ

Post by GMGJ »

Your right about just general stuff. But I have so many questions and I have not bought the hardware for the new system yet. I want to hear if anybody is using MM5 on a tablet, with their full library on the tablet, or their library on a media server and how they connect to their Home Theater setup that has a smart TV. I am interested in having folks share their opinions on if the wifi quality matches hardwired. It would be really nice if there were examples of how folks segmented there network to isolate the entertainment side from the work side. How about a media server forum? A Home Network forum or a tablet / android forum for the folks connecting to home entertainment systems?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Wifi is fine for streaming as it doesn't require too much bandwidth (when using Sync it matters more), so as long as the wifi connection is stable it should work for streaming purposes. Wired is generally more reliable, but in most cases wifi will suffice for streaming.
Peke

Post by Peke »

GMGJ wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:46 am Your right about just general stuff. But I have so many questions and I have not bought the hardware for the new system yet. I want to hear if anybody is using MM5 on a tablet, with their full library on the tablet, or their library on a media server and how they connect to their Home Theater setup that has a smart TV. I am interested in having folks share their opinions on if the wifi quality matches hardwired. It would be really nice if there were examples of how folks segmented there network to isolate the entertainment side from the work side. How about a media server forum? A Home Network forum or a tablet / android forum for the folks connecting to home entertainment systems?
That is why I asked you for opening support ticket as we can narrow down your needs without exposing any private details and I can share my experience/setup and help you figure out best solution. After that we can share and ask others for their experience.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
GMGJ

Post by GMGJ »

Thanks. I have to rework a few things to show what I have an then I will open a support ticket.