Album art browser with details

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

broken_bicycles

Album art browser with details

Post by broken_bicycles »

Hi there -

I don't seem to be able to work out how to get my view in MM5 set up the way I liked it so much in MM4 (below). I think it was called Art Browser with details, but Manage Views only has List or Grid as options? Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, all I could find seemed to be about Beta testing...

https://ibb.co/ZdFw5CL

Many thanks!
Barry4679

Re: Album art browser with details

Post by Barry4679 »

MM5 does not have the Art Browser with Details View, but something similar (better?) is actively being developed here.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
broken_bicycles

Thanks, Barry. It's disappointing to hear that.

I don't resent having paid for the upgrade to MM5 as I am grateful for many hundreds of hours of use of excellent previous versions, but am surprised that I'm the only one who has missed that function, and that an upgrade does not at least offer an alternative?
Peke

Post by Peke »

broken_bicycles wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:37 pm Thanks, Barry. It's disappointing to hear that.

I don't resent having paid for the upgrade to MM5 as I am grateful for many hundreds of hours of use of excellent previous versions, but am surprised that I'm the only one who has missed that function, and that an upgrade does not at least offer an alternative?
I am not sure what you are talking about as only thing that has been changed is taht Art Browser was moved to separate addon in order to be developed independently and more freely not just by us but also can be contributed by others.

It is very very easy to install it in MM5 using Tools -> Addons -> Add -> Browse to downloaded 3D Album view from here and in your case work same as in your picture and is much faster than MM4 version.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
broken_bicycles

Peke,

I was hoping for Art Browser... with details.
Forgive me if you are the programmer, but this is nothing like the view I had in MM4. If you cant help, just say so.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Art browser with Details is exactly The same as 3D Album plugin with Main MM5 view set to LIST.
Best regards,
Peke
broken_bicycles

Hi Peke

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious but I've installed 3d album art browser as suggested, and can't get it to look anything like the layout I posted in which album art is displayed much more clearly, without overlap, albeit in 2D...?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
That is why I said almost, you get same functionality but with upgraded look :)
Best regards,
Peke